Back to w*rk..

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Confession time. The market decline and hit to my portfolio has forced me to consider doing something I hoped I would never have to resort to again - w*rking for monetary compensation. Yes, I'm unhappy and ashamed to even consider resorting to such drastic measures, but that's life.

In an effort to save face, I'm trying to come up with some sort of a business idea and be my own boss. I've been looking at a franchise opportunity that may be uniquely suited to my location, talents and mindset. What do you think?

img_760180_0_5f1956348e68613cf398549232f6e8b7.jpg

Well, if that doesn't work out, you could try this....

Last edited:
Ok...how 'bout a rattlesnake whisperer.

Last edited:
These ants are just waiting for REWahoo to unFIRE for them--

Attachments

• RIFA_workers_withbands.jpg
    RIFA_workers_withbands.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 225
Sorry about your returning to work but since I spent several years in a Colonoscopy clinic I can honestly say it's okay to work in deep **** just do not take a deep breath .

Sorry about your returning to work but since I spent several years in a Colonoscopy clinic I can honestly say it's okay to work in deep **** just do not take a deep breath .
Sounds like a terrible job, sort of like a proctologist. What a career -- you start at the bottom and you stay there...

Moemg, this is the funniest yet still most disgusting post I have read in a long time!

REWahoo,

DH and I just talked about this last night. I'm hoping to line up some part time or consulting work and DH has decided to postpone his ER for at least 6 months or so. This economy is the worst. Even so, we feel fortunate compared to what so many others are going through. We just celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary and looked back at how we started out. I was a bank teller and he worked for a landscaping company - both minimum wage jobs. Our assets consisted on a '66 Buick and some hand-me-down furniture. All in all, we have done well and are in pretty good shape. Years of living a simple lifestyle has paid off. Even so, the RE meltdown is the big problemo for us since our liquid assets are invested very conservatively. Our big plans of selling our home and rental and moving out of Northern Virginia are on hold for sure. We're just hoping things improve in the next year or two and we can take up where we left off as far as the ER plans go.

I thought about doing some part time gigolo work again, but my med's and father time have made me unemployable.
img_760225_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif

gereDM2910_600x538.jpg

i don't see real estate improving in the next two years, or even five, so i'm selling low on the inherited house & if i decide to keep mine, that will be in conjunction with starting a new career. i might add a bath & some extra space to this house (probably can build for about $100-150/sf & sell for $200-230/sf) and bring in two cute boarders ($15k+/yr income) or there's a smaller house on a bigger piece of property nearby. who knows. maybe i'll trade houses, raise another wolf puppy & plant another garden. knowing me, once i get into something, especially a new job, if i like it, i'm there for 10 years to life.

i'm signing up in january to take classes to get a substitute teaching certificate. also a friend has invited me to observe in her classroom for a day. if i like the work, i'll either go back to school for a few semesters (i think 3) for teacher certification or i might just have to take an exam. no biggie either way.

never really did get into this early retirement thang. was fun for a short while & it served its purpose. i think it's great if you're into it. probably i'd love it with a partner but as a single it kind of sucks.

it was probably funnier to spell work & job with a "*" when everyone thought they were so flush in cash. but self respect might come harder when feeling ashamed of honest labor.

the more i think about teaching the more i like the idea of it. this is an amazing time in the world to discuss social studies with young minds. and it sounds like two months off in the summer would be plenty for travel. plus maybe i'll meet a handsome single dad at a pta meeting. maybe he'll ask me to chuck the job, sell the house & take off to live cheap in thailand or just sail around the world. stranger things have happened.

ps, was that really you? not bad. you should have worked on your chest. still, i might have hit on that. but, um, yikes, what the hell happened? looks to me like the dreaded lazyass early retirement syndrome.

I thought about doing some part time gigolo work again, but my med's and father time have made me unemployable.
img_760232_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif

gereDM2910_600x538.jpg

I do not think so . There are a ton of wealthy Florida widows who would love your services . In fact I'll be your agent for 20% . I'm starting tonight by putting a flier on the local condo bulletin boards so get ready to make money.

Confession time. The market decline and hit to my portfolio has forced me to consider doing something I hoped I would never have to resort to again - w*rking for monetary compensation. Yes, I'm unhappy and ashamed to even consider resorting to such drastic measures, but that's life.

In an effort to save face, I'm trying to come up with some sort of a business idea and be my own boss. I've been looking at a franchise opportunity that may be uniquely suited to my location, talents and mindset. What do you think?

img_760235_0_5f1956348e68613cf398549232f6e8b7.jpg

Just don't make waves.

Be very careful there, REW, it’s a crapshoot out there.

I thought I would combine cleaning out the bookcase with a new career and have more or less landed in jail. It’s a 90 day sentence and I’ve got about 80 days to go. I put 65 items on Amazon.com for sale. First day four items sold, the second two more, that along with dropping X-mas presents at the post office is wearing me out. Wrap and go to the post office, wrap and go to the post office, rinse, repeat...

New hobby is checking out post offices in different neighborhoods. Chinatown has the shortest lines but they keep the boxes and supplies behind the counter whereas the other post offices keep them near the entrance where you can grab a box, some bubble wrap and seal it up before getting in line. So far I’ve netted $59.00.

REW, working your ranch would be a promotion, do you supply boots for partners?

Back
Top Bottom