Join Early Retirement Today

Been busy starting the new business to help with ER....its going well
Old 12-15-2005, 07:47 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Been busy starting the new business to help with ER....its going well

Yep, I started the duct cleaning business for anyone who cares. I'm doignwell, and have recouped about 20% of my $10k investment...it's been about 2 weeks! I'm proofing an ad now that will go into a direct mail piece and hit 150k homes. all my business now is from internet ads, and referrals from HVASC contractors and home inspectors.

Just figured I'd brag a bit! wish me luck.

Here's my 2 ads im working on....

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/givedb...bum?.dir=/445c
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Been busy starting the new business to help with ER....its going well
Old 12-15-2005, 09:45 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Good luck Fed! Nothin like the rush of jumpin off the cliff. I like the chutzpa on the 20 years experience (from the ad). Sounds like something I would say as I was reading the "how to" manual.
TargaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:48 PM   #3

Good luck.* You may want to hit the up debt consolidators (so they can run ads with you).* They are going to be a booming business soon.* *
Old 12-15-2005, 09:55 PM   #4

Glad to hear you're doing well. I was wondering how the business was starting up.

BTW...I like the color ad....the bw is harder to read.
KB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:07 PM   #5
Dryer sheet wannabe

This is great, but I am curious, how do you clean the duct work of a home? I am totally serious here and am probably aging myself by doing so. Can you put high pressure through the ducts to clean them out? I would really like to know. Thanks.
doah001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:37 AM   #6

I checked out your website. Nice. A little alarmist at points, but that's probably par for the course in the duct cleaning business. Good basic website design, gets the job done. One thing I didn't see - coupons or discounts on the website.
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:14 PM   #7

justin :whaddaya mean "alarmist'? I'm either too heavy on the sauce today (capn morgan) or it jsut went over my head

doah: Read the website! www.ayden.biz . It explains ti all. I hook up a 5000 cfm vacuum with a 12" hose to the supply side near the furnace. then i cover all the registers but the one im working oin. int hat register, i insert a series of brushes and air tools to dislodge the debris. once it's airborne, it goes right to the vacuum. Once all registers and the main line are done, i do the supply side.

I've been averaging $380 gross per job, and 3.5 hrs each...and so far, all customers are satisfies. I incur about $50 labor costs, $5 materials,and MAYBE $30 referral fees if a contractor gave me the lead. That leaves me at LEAST @250 per job...so thats what....$70/hr? Not too bad i dont think.

once i can line up 2/day, 5 days a week...I'll be set!

THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT!

PS TARGADAVE
: The "chutzpah" or whatevr you call it is the truth. I have hired a helper with 20 yrs experience in HVAC and duct cleanigng!
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 04:14 PM   #8
Full time employment: Posting here.

fed,

As one with allergies to almost everything, the HVAC duct cleaning was a godsend when we moved into our new house. We found the company that did ours through Val-Pac. And the "stuff" that came out was totally naaaassssttttttteeeeeeeee.

- Alec
ats5g is offline   Reply With Quote