Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 12:42 PM   #281
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Sounds like a scam to me.
Where is the link?
Is the rep named Mark Guntle?
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2020, 01:21 PM   #282
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniemac View Post
This rate seems suspiciously high in this market. Website says Globe Limited Group is an HSBC Company and FDIC insured. Sold a rental property and looking for something safe. Anyone have experience with them?
This is the exact same website as almost nailed me a couple of weeks ago.

THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM! STAY AWAY!

The address and phone number have changed, but the website itself is exactly the same. They haven't even changed the CD rates.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:25 PM   #283
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtail View Post
Sounds like a scam to me.
Where is the link?
Is the rep named Mark Guntle?
The mods probably won't let a link be posted, but you can just google the name Globe Limited Group HSBC and you'll see it. And since they had previously stolen the identity of Mark Guntle when they were using the address in Great Falls VA, they are probably using the name of someone at the address in LA.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #284
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
The mods probably won't let a link be posted, but you can just google the name Globe Limited Group HSBC and you'll see it. And since they had previously stolen the identity of Mark Guntle when they were using the address in Great Falls VA, they are probably using the name of someone at the address in LA.
Agree it is the same scam as before.
They just moved the address and changed the number and most likely the contact.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:45 PM   #285
Give me a forum ...

Maybe a bunch of us should call and waste their time for a while for the fun of it.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
Old 04-02-2020, 01:59 PM   #286
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
Maybe a bunch of us should call and waste their time for a while for the fun of it.
I was thinking the same thing, but.....
Old 04-02-2020, 02:02 PM   #287
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
Caller ID. Maybe not such a good idea, especially if this is a group seriously trying to scam people.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:07 PM   #288
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by statsman View Post
Caller ID. Maybe not such a good idea, especially if this is a group seriously trying to scam people.
We could get one of those phone number spoofing apps, and pretend to call from Nigeria, after all there are a lot of lost bank accounts with millions of dollars
Old 04-02-2020, 04:42 PM   #289

https://who.is/whois/worldglobehsbc.com

Russia
Old 04-02-2020, 05:04 PM   #290
Give me a forum ...

Moral... If you cannot walk or drive there, DON'T do it!
Old 04-02-2020, 06:17 PM   #291
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider View Post
Moral... If you cannot walk or drive there, DON'T do it!
Really? I can't walk or drive to Ally or any other online bank.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:34 PM   #292
Give me a forum ...

Well, I'll go ahead and report this one to the FBI and FTC again. It took about 10 days before the last website was taken down. I'll just keep googling high yield cds and every time I find them I'll report them. At least until they get motivated enough to change the website so that I can't recognize it.

The person who reported the site this time was a first time poster. Hmmm...Mark, is that you?
Old 04-02-2020, 10:27 PM   #293
Confused about dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
Well, I'll go ahead and report this one to the FBI and FTC again. It took about 10 days before the last website was taken down. I'll just keep googling high yield cds and every time I find them I'll report them. At least until they get motivated enough to change the website so that I can't recognize it.

The person who reported the site this time was a first time poster. Hmmm...Mark, is that you?
Don't know Mark, but I am a first time poster. Thanks everyone for your responses. I knew it was too good to be true.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:46 PM   #294

Amex announced a rate reduction for their high yield savings account from 1.7% APR to 1.6% APR. Effective today.

- Rita
Old 04-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #295

So, I just had a decent sized CD mature at Synchrony. I have the GTE Financial 5 year 3% Add-on that I opened last year (August) with $500 to hold it. I know the GTE Financial tried to back out of that deal, then relented. Looking at my account, it does show the 3% rate.

I'm thinking of putting those funds there - any last minute gotcha's that anyone here has encountered before doing so? (Other than the fact that I'm committing those funds for the next 4.5 years.)
Old 04-03-2020, 02:20 PM   #296
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyright1997reloaded View Post
So, I just had a decent sized CD mature at Synchrony. I have the GTE Financial 5 year 3% Add-on that I opened last year (August) with $500 to hold it. I know the GTE Financial tried to back out of that deal, then relented. Looking at my account, it does show the 3% rate.

I'm thinking of putting those funds there - any last minute gotcha's that anyone here has encountered before doing so? (Other than the fact that I'm committing those funds for the next 4.5 years.)
I have the same deal at GTE.
I just added 90k to my $500 last week with no issues at all. I visited the CU in person just to make sure there were no gotchas.
Everything looks good in the account and the 3% interest calculation was correct at month end.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:43 PM   #297
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyright1997reloaded View Post

Loaded my GTE 3% account on 3/11. Gotchas: $10 wire in fee, $25 wire out fee. ACH limit $1000/day. So when you want your money out you will be looking at a wire fee. Think they said the $1000 ACH limit was for pushes OR pulls on withdrawals, which is very odd, so verify. Otherwise it was easy enough to get them to take my money..via ACH from Ally.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:43 PM   #298
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
Loaded my GTE 3% account on 3/11. Gotchas: $10 wire in fee, $25 wire out fee. ACH limit $1000/day. So when you want your money out you will be looking at a wire fee. Think they said the $1000 ACH limit was for pushes OR pulls on withdrawals, which is very odd, so verify. Otherwise it was easy enough to get them to take my money..via ACH from Ally.
My ACH was from Ally too with no cost.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:18 PM   #299
Give me a forum ...

I think ACH is getting faster. I just initiated my Monthly ACH from Vanguard Yesterday and it hit my Credit Union today. Not bad really I think.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:01 AM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider View Post
I think ACH is getting faster. I just initiated my Monthly ACH from Vanguard Yesterday and it hit my Credit Union today. Not bad really I think.
I just had the exact opposite with an ACH with Discover Bank. Took 10 days to do a xfer between accounts that have had a regularly scheduled monthly transfer for a couple of years.
Closed Thread