Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-03-2021, 04:48 PM   #321
Confused about dryer sheets

Thanks Audrey and Jazz!
Habitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2021, 04:31 PM   #322
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitater View Post
Thanks Audrey and Jazz!

Habitater
What are your thoughts now about the MYGA opportunity? Any questions?
Old 08-09-2021, 04:39 PM   #323
Confused about dryer sheets

No questions, thanks. It is ON a the table to hold some cash for me.
Habitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 09:09 PM   #324
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergLust View Post
Business Checking Suggestion - If you have a business (including sole proprietorship), Chase has a good/easy offer of $750 bonus: Deposit $10k and hold for 60 days and make 25 transactions (i.e. debit card or others) within 90 days. Bonus deposited within 14 days of meeting criteria. There is a minimum account balance criteria to avoid the service fee of $15/month, but that can be waved for various reasons.

I just opened an account and my time investment was 30 minutes.
FYI - Just got the $750 bonus for this. Pulled most money out and will keep the account open (but idle) for a while.

Now looking for another opportunity...
BergLust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 05:46 AM   #325
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhowie View Post
For Fidelity, go to the CD page and if you scroll down a little, on the left, next to New Issue CDs will be a link for Secondary CDs. Click on that link, show all the CDs (if there's less than 3000, if more, set the minimum yield to 0). When the list displays, just click on the yield to maturity column to sort from highest to lowest.
Didnt work for me, must be a member
RHONDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:23 PM   #326
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHONDAVE View Post
Didnt work for me, must be a member

There is a guest access option.

https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fide...chf.ra/MemLite
Old 08-25-2021, 07:23 PM   #327
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

That link takes you to a page with the following:

Quote:

Sign up for free Guest Access today and see what it's like to be a Fidelity customer. Get immediate access to Fidelity tools, resources, insights and more.
Thanks; I might try that. OTOH I still have access to all that via my old MegaCorp's 401k login, that being the MegaCorp I left in 2015 to join another MegaCorp which I retired from 18 months later. But hey, it still works!
GalaxyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 01:14 AM   #328
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergLust View Post
FYI - Just got the $750 bonus for this. Pulled most money out and will keep the account open (but idle) for a while.

Now looking for another opportunity...

Do you know if this offer is still available since you posted about it in June? Sounds like a great deal for my wifeís consulting business to take advantage of! Thanks.
Luvtoride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 12:37 PM   #329
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz4cash View Post
I forgot to mention my conversation with TD Bank about whether my direct deposits satisfied the requirement. I set up monthly ACH transfers from my 401k to my new TD Bank checking. The direct deposit requirement description is a bit gray so I wasnít sure if these would be acceptable. Apparently they are but itíll take another month to reach 140 days. Then Iíll need to maintain $2500 minimum for a total of 6 months to avoid fees.

TD Bank finally paid $300 bonus. They said I did not qualify at first because the spelling of my name on the promo flyer was inaccurate. So they cleared that up but they were not very responsive to the secure message feature on the Mobil app. I donít need this account and Iím not satisfied with the customer service.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:43 PM   #330
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtoride View Post
Do you know if this offer is still available since you posted about it in June? Sounds like a great deal for my wifeís consulting business to take advantage of! Thanks.

Not sure but a quick search on doctor of credit website will tell you that answer I believe.
BergLust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 03:02 PM   #331
Recycles dryer sheets

Hey, I just got a new referral deal from Marcus. If you use the link I have (pm me for link if you like) you get another 0.5% on top of their 0.5% rate, plus you still get the 0.1% for AARP, so total 1.1% Money Market for 3 months. Each referral you do from then gets you another 3 months. Please PM me for the link if you do not have a Marcus account. Past holders not eligible. I hope I get a few folks signed up!!!
Happyras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:08 PM   #332
Give me a forum ...

I just came here to post the Marcus referral bonus. I feel cheatedÖ.I just got the current bonus offer today 9/16. Guess Iíll finally get off my butt and open account for DW. My AARP and prior referral bonuses just expired. Doubling the rate is impressive but itís only 3 months so not really a big deal.
Old 09-16-2021, 10:37 PM   #333
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyras View Post
Hey, I just got a new referral deal from Marcus. If you use the link I have (pm me for link if you like) you get another 0.5% on top of their 0.5% rate, plus you still get the 0.1% for AARP, so total 1.1% Money Market for 3 months. Each referral you do from then gets you another 3 months. Please PM me for the link if you do not have a Marcus account. Past holders not eligible. I hope I get a few folks signed up!!!
I guess that I don't see the attraction for 3 months... just get a GM RightNote and get 1.5% or Toyota IncomeDriver Notes at 1.35%... the incremental credit risk for 3 months is negligible.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 09:38 AM   #334
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
I guess that I don't see the attraction for 3 months... just get a GM RightNote and get 1.5% or Toyota IncomeDriver Notes at 1.35%... the incremental credit risk for 3 months is negligible.

I get your point. The attraction is FDIC coverage. Lack of FDIC is not negligible for a portion of my FI. Marcus is my accumulation account for my massive property tax payments that I can easily pay via ACH from an FDIC bank. A non bank account might take an additional step. The bonus is a reward for something Iím gonna do anyway. Iím still a fan of the corporate note programs though I donít hold any at the moment.
Old 10-07-2021, 01:51 AM   #335

Brokerage bonuses

Bonus offers are back with the brokerages. If you have a brokerage account and it just sits there for the most part, or have been considering making a switch for the right price, now may be the time.

These bonuses apply for new accounts, and sometimes new assets going in to an existing account.

Etrade: $75 for $5000 up to $3000 for $1.5m ($4000 for $2m for existing customers)
https://us.etrade.com/what-we-offer/how-it-works/promo

SoFi: $50 for $5000 up to $5000 for $2m
https://www.sofi.com/acatoffer

Ally Invest: $100 for $10,000 up to $3000 for $2m
https://www.ally.com/go/invest/promotion/

TD Ameritrade: $350 for $250,000 up to $2500 for $2m
https://www.tdameritrade.com/offer/2500/index.html

M1 Finance: $250 for $100,000 up to $2500 for $1m
https://www.m1finance.com/transfer/

Check with the brokerage for specific terms and conditions.
njhowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 07:49 AM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhowie View Post
Bonus offers are back with the brokerages. If you have a brokerage account and it just sits there for the most part, or have been considering making a switch for the right price, now may be the time.

These bonuses apply for new accounts, and sometimes new assets going in to an existing account.

Etrade: $75 for $5000 up to $3000 for $1.5m ($4000 for $2m for existing customers)
https://us.etrade.com/what-we-offer/how-it-works/promo

SoFi: $50 for $5000 up to $5000 for $2m
https://www.sofi.com/acatoffer

Ally Invest: $100 for $10,000 up to $3000 for $2m
https://www.ally.com/go/invest/promotion/

TD Ameritrade: $350 for $250,000 up to $2500 for $2m
https://www.tdameritrade.com/offer/2500/index.html

M1 Finance: $250 for $100,000 up to $2500 for $1m
https://www.m1finance.com/transfer/

Check with the brokerage for specific terms and conditions.
Thanks for sharing. I looked at Ally, to retain the bonus must park the funds for nearly a year. But $25K gives you $250, a 1% return in addition to whatever one chooses to invest in (+/-),
RE2Boys is online now   Reply With Quote