Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 06:36 AM   #221
Recycles dryer sheets

Try this link:
https://banking.citi.com/cbol/citigo...6AB440C68AD3CF

New offer for 4/2/21-6/30/21.

The scary part is that an eligibility disclosure is in small print just under the button/link that gets you to the link I enclosed.
In detail you can see the ELIGIBILITY paragraph on pg 1 of terms/conditions.

We have gone through many CITI reps and will try 2 more on Monday.
Please message us as well if there is an easy way in this offer.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2021, 07:40 AM   #222
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHONDAVE View Post
Try this link:
https://banking.citi.com/cbol/citigo...6AB440C68AD3CF

New offer for 4/2/21-6/30/21.

The scary part is that an eligibility disclosure is in small print just under the button/link that gets you to the link I enclosed.
In detail you can see the ELIGIBILITY paragraph on pg 1 of terms/conditions.

We have gone through many CITI reps and will try 2 more on Monday.
Please message us as well if there is an easy way in this offer.
We've just completed and received the cash from a Citi bonus offer this past week. They are reliable, however you must follow all of the terms, keep appropriate minimum balances, and understand they will credit the bonus some period of time after you've met the time requirement(s). In our case, this was 60 days after completion (of a 90 day maintenance period). For yours, it indicates 90 days after the balance requirement is met for the package you sign up for.

We've also done another Citi bonus offer a year or two ago. Their eligibility disclosures always look the same as the small print you reference.

For your offer, it appears the only eligibility requirement is that you haven't had a Citi account in the past 6 months. However, you must follow the steps indicated in order in the "Eligible Customers must:" section.

I would not deal with the Citi reps by calling. Simply print out the offer page, save it, and refer back to it later if they do not give you the bonus 90 days after you meet the balance requirement. Again, be sure that you follow the steps in order as they've shown them. If at any time you have questions, simply use the Chat feature within your online account - the folks there can look up any information you need, verify the account is properly associated with the bonus offer and answer any questions you have regarding the bonus offer. So, you could apply, open the account, then go to Chat within the account and ask your questions before even transferring any money in. I use the Chat after the bonus is paid, I empty the account, and tell them to close it. They take care of it and confirm immediately.

From the looks of it, the $300 bonus for $15,000 gets the best bang for the buck. Though having to open two accounts to do it is more work. For the one we just completed, it was $200 for $5000 for a single basic checking account.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:01 AM   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhowie View Post
We've just completed and received the cash from a Citi bonus offer this past week. They are reliable, however you must follow all of the terms, keep appropriate minimum balances, and understand they will credit the bonus some period of time after you've met the time requirement(s). In our case, this was 60 days after completion (of a 90 day maintenance period). For yours, it indicates 90 days after the balance requirement is met for the package you sign up for.

We've also done another Citi bonus offer a year or two ago. Their eligibility disclosures always look the same as the small print you reference.

For your offer, it appears the only eligibility requirement is that you haven't had a Citi account in the past 6 months. However, you must follow the steps indicated in order in the "Eligible Customers must:" section.

I would not deal with the Citi reps by calling. Simply print out the offer page, save it, and refer back to it later if they do not give you the bonus 90 days after you meet the balance requirement. Again, be sure that you follow the steps in order as they've shown them. If at any time you have questions, simply use the Chat feature within your online account - the folks there can look up any information you need, verify the account is properly associated with the bonus offer and answer any questions you have regarding the bonus offer. So, you could apply, open the account, then go to Chat within the account and ask your questions before even transferring any money in. I use the Chat after the bonus is paid, I empty the account, and tell them to close it. They take care of it and confirm immediately.

From the looks of it, the $300 bonus for $15,000 gets the best bang for the buck. Though having to open two accounts to do it is more work. For the one we just completed, it was $200 for $5000 for a single basic checking account.

edit - Confirmed that all is good. Please ignore
Old 06-06-2021, 08:19 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHONDAVE View Post
My terms for same offer (end date of 4/1/21) state maintain minimum account balance for 60 days and then payout is within 90 days after that.

Just noticed that eligibility of customer can be denied if W9 is not on file with CITI. There is always something with Citi, now have 2 online meeting requests for 2 seperate maximum bonus ($1500) to discuss this W9 requirement and verify account bonus code is attached to both accounts (if not they do not pay)
Rhon; I just did a live chat and they have confirmed that I have qualified and will receive the bonus by 7/26. They also verified that they have my TID. So you can do this all on line and then save the chat.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:10 AM   #225
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden sunsets View Post
RHON; Thanks for this update. I have confirmed that the bonus is attached to both sets of accounts, but this is the first I've heard about a W-9 requirement. I'm assuming that I have provided them with our TID's as part of their initial paperwork, although not a form W-9 specifically. Please update me when you've nailed that detail down, if you don't mind.

Berglust, who frequents this thread, just completed this deal and has received the bonus and closed the accounts. Perhaps he/she could chime in on this wrinkle?
These terms were in my offer as well: "To be eligible for the bonus, U.S. persons must furnish Citibank with a valid IRS Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification).
Foreign individuals must furnish a valid IRS Form W-8BEN (Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting (Individuals))"

I never got a form from Citi, so I chatted with them on the website. They gave me the address to send the completed form to. I filled out the form and mailed it to them (via registered mail). Then, later confirmed via chat they received and processed the form. On the W9, the "Requester's Name and Address you need to enter is:
Citigroup Technology, Inc.
P.O. Box 6201
Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6201

As a tip I keep a PDF copy of all of my offer details and my chat history with these companies...so there is not loose ends of if somebody did/didn't do something, received something, or said something. I've never had a problem, but always good to do!
Old 06-07-2021, 03:46 PM   #226
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Chase offered up 5.15% Money Market account. Have to keep $1000 in the account to avoid a $4 monthly fee. Initial deposits greater than $500,000 are subject to approval.

There's a kicker though.

I found the offer in files we are discarding from 7/1999.
Somehow doubt they will honor this antique offer to their valued Credit Cardmembers.
Old 06-08-2021, 10:56 AM   #227
Give me a forum ...

Yeah, that's a kicker.

I received the M&T bank bonus. I was expecting $300 but they paid $350. I can't find any documentation for the amount I received. Many places I looked say I did not complete the actions required for $350. I have a spreadsheet to track 4 active deals but I can't tell for sure how long I need to keep my qualifying deposit in the account. This is work.
Old 06-08-2021, 12:00 PM   #228
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz4cash View Post
Yeah, that's a kicker.

I received the M&T bank bonus. I was expecting $300 but they paid $350. I can't find any documentation for the amount I received. Many places I looked say I did not complete the actions required for $350. I have a spreadsheet to track 4 active deals but I can't tell for sure how long I need to keep my qualifying deposit in the account. This is work.
We do some bank bonus offers, but my favorite is the credit card signup bonus.
About to do the Chase Sapphire Preferred with a $4000 required spend but a 100,000 point bonus. That's like $1000 back for the $4000 spend, and better yet - no tax! The bank deposit bonus shows as fully taxable interest - not as attractive.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:30 PM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
About to do the Chase Sapphire Preferred with a $4000 required spend but a 100,000 point bonus. That's like $1000 back for the $4000 spend, and better yet - no tax! The bank deposit bonus shows as fully taxable interest - not as attractive.
Just caught that one. Have a bunch of rental insurance bills plus my house coming up in the next 30 days. Should have that $1,000 deposited by the end of July...
Old 06-08-2021, 05:16 PM   #230
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Reader View Post
Just caught that one. Have a bunch of rental insurance bills plus my house coming up in the next 30 days. Should have that $1,000 deposited by the end of July...
If extra cunning you can do the Chase "pay yourself back" program instead of taking the cash for points and buy $1250 worth of groceries or home improvement store stuff before the end of September I believe.
Old 06-08-2021, 06:16 PM   #231

Quote:
If extra cunning you can do the Chase "pay yourself back" program instead of taking the cash for points and buy $1250 worth of groceries or home improvement store stuff before the end of September I believe.
Groceries go on the new Amex at 6 percent, but I can see using the home improvement store bonus. Thanks!
Bank Deal
Old 06-09-2021, 09:23 AM   #232
Confused about dryer sheets

Bank Deal

There may be a viable option to opening, closing and transferring funds that net a few hundred dollars for a lot of work.

Many Equity Index Annuities have bond like returns (4-6%), have somewhat low minimums, $5000, and hold your money for as little as 5 years. One check or transfer and it is done. When it matures rinse and repeat.

Before anyone asks, I am not an insurance salesman and I am not in the financial services industry. Yes the salesman will be paid a commission but the insurance company will pay he/she. Yes there are internal fees but your returns are net of those and as mentioned average 4-6% or more. Also you will not loose any principal. I have used these for years with great results.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:19 PM   #233
Give me a forum ...

Examples? Most of the posts here include specific examples of CD’s, Bank promos, etc. that are available.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:31 PM   #234
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
I'm going to do it as well, however, I've read that after June 17th the offer will sweeten in the bank along with fee free the first year and $50 grocery credit.

I'm willing to wait 1 week to find out if my bank does it.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:50 AM   #235
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
+1

Today, savers are not rewarded. Rather, they are punished with low rates and then get pounded by inflation. Big Spenders (or those of us who pretend to big spenders ) get rewarded.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:17 AM   #236
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset View Post
I'm going to do it as well, however, I've read that after June 17th the offer will sweeten in the bank along with fee free the first year and $50 grocery credit.

I'm willing to wait 1 week to find out if my bank does it.
I signed up just a bit too early. Had a chase sapphire reserve for 4 years. downgraded that to freedom Flex Unlimited about a month ago. Waited a week and applied for chase sapphire preferred (with 80k signup bonus). Oh well...still a good deal....but glad you can all get the 100k! I've read about a few people that have got the fee waved in branch (but not everyone). Seems hit or miss. Good luck!
Old 06-11-2021, 10:54 AM   #237
Recycles dryer sheets

Business Checking Suggestion - If you have a business (including sole proprietorship), Chase has a good/easy offer of $750 bonus: Deposit $10k and hold for 60 days and make 25 transactions (i.e. debit card or others) within 90 days. Bonus deposited within 14 days of meeting criteria. There is a minimum account balance criteria to avoid the service fee of $15/month, but that can be waved for various reasons.

I just opened an account and my time investment was 30 minutes.
Old 06-11-2021, 12:39 PM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz4cash View Post
Yeah, that's a kicker.

In 2019, citibank had a $400 promo, my wife received $400 and I received $500. Her promotion description was "Interest Adjustment" while mine was "Promotional Rewards Credit". A bit strange.
Old 06-13-2021, 07:27 PM   #239

Anyone using VIO Bank?
Old 06-13-2021, 07:34 PM   #240
Full time employment: Posting here.

^^^ I have been using them for about a year. Happy with them.