Best CD, MM Rates & Bank Special Deals Thread 2022 - Please post updates here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brokered 5 yr CD rate prediction over the next 3-6-12 months?
4% peak? 5% peak? Normal rates? :rolleyes:
:popcorn:

Just for fun.... Was surprised the 2 year at 2% I bought 3 weeks ago is now 2.85% :facepalm: :LOL:

Just for fun.... Was surprised the 2 year at 2% I bought 3 weeks ago is now 2.85% :facepalm: :LOL:

I haven’t even looked. What’s done is done? Fortunately I still have cash to feed in so I’ll just ride the rates as they go up. I’m waiting for the Fed’s move to see how that impacts things.

A lot is already priced into brokered CD's.
How much? Anyone's guess. . .

Last edited:
Per Deposit Accounts, Department of Commerce FCU has some attractive rates. Membership is now open to all per Deposit Accounts. 12-23 month CD's at 2.12 percent. 48 month at 2.99.

Barclays just raised their savings account from 0.55 to 0.70. Equals Marcus with the AARP add on. Ally? Crickets...

Barclays just raised their savings account from 0.55 to 0.70. Equals Marcus with the AARP add on. Ally? Crickets...

Have some decent amount of mom's monies sitting at Ally, which will be transferred to Fidelity for other Fixed Income investments.
Ally has clearly fallen behind.

Closed my Ally account last month. Trying to get down to 4 or 5 institutions. Will see how it goes.

Closed my Ally account last month. Trying to get down to 4 or 5 institutions. Will see how it goes.

I am at 5 institutions and one of them is the 401k which needs to stay. Probably will stay at 4 to 5 in general.

Vanguard is offering brokered CDs 3 yr/3.1%. I checked Navy Fed and they are still in the sub-one-percent level. Quite a lag....come on Navy Fed, time to boost rates!

Vanguard is offering brokered CDs 3 yr/3.1%. I checked Navy Fed and they are still in the sub-one-percent level. Quite a lag....come on Navy Fed, time to boost rates!

IMHO, a lot of banks and credit unions are hoping to suck in plenty of cheap money as long as they can, thanks to uniformed people and/or those who just don't bother to check rates when their CD's renew.

5 year MYGA rates hit 3.85% today. Almost at a point where we will pull the trigger.

I am impressed how quickly MYGA rates are rising. I see that is a jumbo rate for 100k min. I closed on a 5yrs @ 3.6 MYGA a week ago. It was 3.25 when I applied but they bumped it up just before issuing (nice!). I could still cancel within 20 days if a better rate comes along.

Bask Bank just increased their online saving account rate from 0.8% to 1.25% APY.

Fine print "15 qualifying transactions per statement cycle.", "Only the following are qualifying transactions: Debit card purchases, checks, bill payments, ATM withdrawals and ACH withdrawals. ".

Seems like a lot of work.

Some earlier user reported that using auto ACH push of $0.01x15 to satisfy the requirement...

Are CD rates expected to go up as the Fed continues to hike rates through the end of the year?

Many experts think so. And well into 2023 with .25 and .50 rate hikes.
Lots has been written about it. Some say 7 hikes in 2022 and 3 to 4 in 2023.
But nobody really knows... Too much $$$ was printed in 2021 at 0%. So here we are.
With a drastically devalued dollar, but they like to pin it (inflation) on many many other things.
:LOL: Anything but that. LOL LOL
Just my 2. Worth what you paid for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom