Best CD, MM Rates & Bank Special Deals Thread 2023 - Please post updates here

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if 20% -30% of your yield disappears due to taxation? It’s not strictly gross yield, but what you have net after taxes, which I will agree will vary by individual.

In a tax-deferred or tax-free account, gross yield is what matters, since everything is taxable upon withdrawal.

PenFed is now offering CDs at 4.60% for 12 months, 4.65% for 15 months and 4.70% for 18 months. $1000 minimum.

Last edited:
Chase is offering a checking & savings bonus worth up to $900. Bonus is as follows:
Receive a bonus of $300 when you open a Chase Total checking account and have a direct deposit post to the account within 90 days.
Receive a bonus of $200 when you open a Chase savings account and deposit $15,000 or more in new money within 30 days and maintain a balance of $15,000 for 90 days.
Receive an extra $400 bonus when you complete both of the above bon

Highest CD rate "today" at Schwab is 4.75 for a 1yr.

Navy Federal CU 15 mo CD, 5% APY AND, they will cash in existing CD's with no EWP to convert to this higher yielding CD. We had a Navy FCU CD yielding 3.45% APY due in July of 24. Converted to the 5% due 4/22/24, via a Sunday phone call. Annual increase in income on this transaction is $930.

Hopefully after the next FED increase in Feb. we will see a few 5% CDs at Schwab for around 2 years. I do not see rates going down for at least another year. I am trying to consolidate our stash with one broker. I will move it all to Fidelity if I have to.

^^^^^
I'd expect all the majors to be extremely competitive and I seriously doubt their brokered CD offerings will vary more than .25% per maturity term between them. And probably .1% or less...

An extra .25% on each 100k CD for 1yr would get you $250 before tax. Of course even less for <.25

Honestly not enough for me to move my money between brokers, unless maybe the accounts were already established and linked, but YMMV. But I too would like to see the magical 5% CD offered for any term length.

Last edited:
^^^^^
I'd expect all the majors to be extremely competitive and I seriously doubt their brokered CD offerings will vary more than .25% per maturity term between them. And probably .1% or less...

An extra .25% on each 100k CD for 1yr would get you $250 before tax. Of course even less for <.25

Honestly not enough for me to move my money between brokers, unless maybe the accounts were already established and linked, but YMMV. But I too would like to see the magical 5% CD offered for any term length.

I think everything is baked in at this point. Fed rates have continued higher and we've already seen peak CD rates at the brokerages maybe 3 or 4 months ago. Retail banks and credit unions may offer specials here and there, but in general, I wouldn't be expecting any kind of significant move higher in CD rates.

^^^^
IMO, CD's still have another > 1/4 to 1/2 point to go over the next 6 to 9 mos and then peak out... But that should be about it unless more SHTF.

Last edited:
PenFed is now offering CDs at 4.60% for 12 months, 4.65% for 15 months and 4.70% for 18 months. $1000 minimum.

Interesting. I am surprised they went up that much. I had thought they topped out. Might have to chow down on the 18 month 4.7% to fill a rung in my ladder.

Democracy Federal Credit Union Members

Is anyone here a member of (DFCU) Democracy Federal Credit Union that would be willing to sponsor me for membership? I retired out of State and they won't recognize my work experience in Alexandria for membership. Thanks for the help.

Robert

Is anyone here a member of (DFCU) Democracy Federal Credit Union that would be willing to sponsor me for membership? I retired out of State and they won't recognize my work experience in Alexandria for membership. Thanks for the help.

Robert

Unfortunately I can't help you out. However, I did notice their 6.25% 18-month CD rate. Pretty impressive.

As far as others sponsoring you for membership, on their website it says that it must be a family member who is already a DFCU member.

For Texas residents
Mobility Credit Union (TX) Long-Term CDs Offer Excellent Rates
Deal Summary: CD – 48-month (5.43% APY) and 60-month (5.59% APY), $500 minimum deposit.
More details at https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/mobility-credit-union/offers/
Almost looks to good to be true, but maybe not... However, it is a CU with only a B+ rating and only 351m in deposits and is the 74th largest in Texas. I didn't know Texas had that many credit unions... I assume it's insured by the NCUA but I didn't see it clearly posted. (I didn't look to hard but I like to see the "Guarantee on the Box" clearly stated.):)

Last edited:
Schwab, just posted a new issued 1yr brokered cd @ 4.8%.... Inching up ever so slightly again. 9mo and 18mo are up a little too at 4.7x

Anticipation of Jay Powell's rate increase tomorrow? .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom