Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Fun quiz! It came back with 1953, actual is 1954, I'd call that dead on...

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2010, 05:40 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinwood View Post
I struggled through the quiz since I wasn't born or raised here, but I think I guessed correctly! It missed my age by just one year!
Hmm... Lots of immigrants here!

I am one, in case anyone misses my earlier posts.

Took the test anyway. It said 1950, which was 6 years before my time. Dang! No wonder I have always felt older than my age.

I think SS should be paid according to how old people feel. Upbeat people like some on this forum should be given SS later because the optimists live longer. It's only fair.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #43
Full time employment: Posting here.

Made me 9 years older than I am.
Not even close.
Maybe because I had an older brother & lots of cousins (male/female) that kept me in tune with what was happening before my (teenage) time. Had to learn fast or get left behind.
Steve
Stevewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #44

I took the quiz twice. First time had me at 1948. 2nd time 1957. I was born in 1955.

DW result was 1964 and she was born in 1958.
golfnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #45
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Pretty close. Quiz said 1956. Actual year is 1954.
WhoDaresWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:34 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
We need to watch our pocketbooks even more diligently -- the "Marketers" have discovered us.
Big-spending Boomers bend rules of marketing
Getting away from the quiz for a post or two, what big-spending Boomers are we talking about? Are these the Boomers who've said they'll work until they die because they love their jobs, or are these the Boomers who've said they'll work until they die because they haven't saved anything for retirement?

Or are these the Boomers who have been laid off and haven't saved anything for retirement?

It seems that one group has no time to enjoy their toys and the others have no money to enjoy their toys...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #47
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

It nailed my birth year to within 3 months of my actual birth date.
JustCurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #48

Interesting said 1948. I was born 1952. So close enough.
mountaintosea is offline   Reply With Quote