Blast from the past

ziggy29

Moderator Emeritus
Something a lot of us haven't seen much of lately, from my Fidelity 401K:

strange.jpg

Did Fidelity forget to put the minus sign before the return?? :angel:

All this bragging made me look. My Fido account is -.3%.....:(

-.2% for myself.

What's interesting is that we all have different portfolios, but the results are about the same.

I hadn't checked for a while, but was surprised to find that for the same period I am up 1.4%. I should note that I have not added any new contributions this year as I am not currently employed.

Don't know where I stand YTD, but I know I'll be + 4.5% on 12-31-09 and at the end of 2010 and 2011, etc. CD's are so not exciting--but predictable.

Mine was up some fractional amount for the year (checked this morning and have already forgotten the exact amount), but compared to 2007, it's still pitiful, and that's with lots of contributions being added. Please, let it be up 20% by year end!

Thanks to my $200 per month (fixed fee) financial planner's advice of where to invest, my 401(k) is up:

Pimco Total Return R Fund +2.89% since January 2009, +6.87% since January 2008

I am up near 4% compared to market close on 12/31/08. So, I trail the Nasdaq at 5%, but beat the Dow (-9%) and the S&P500 (-6%). All this while still currently holding 50% cash (I-Bond, MM, CD). :cool:

However, that took a bit of portfolio tweaking on my part, trying to sell some losers and picking up what I thought would recover faster. If you have not done anything and yet end up about flat as many people have reported, then my performance is not much to brag about.:(

CrazyConnie, on another thread, reported that she has reclaimed her Oct 07 glorious high. :clap: For me, if I can get back to my old high, that's more than 10 years of frugal living, or 6-7 years with two European vacations plus 2 domestic trips a year. Money, money, money...

+2.21% YTD mostly due to TIPS/munis as well as investing a lump sum (bonus) when the DOW dipped below 7,000.

Oh yeah! Fidelity says up +1.5%. However DW's 401k says -6.7% YTD. So oh no... :(

My back of the envelope says about +10% from Jan 1. One large holding (~50% of NW) and the rest is essentially TSX index.

Back
Top Bottom