Book: The Savage Number

I have not read this one although I will be requesting from the library. I've been looking at it. I recently read Paul Merrimans book on the same subject (Live it up blah blah). Not bad but pretty much the same thing.

job

Jim Cramer endorsed it so it must be good :LOL: ;)

Any book that tells people there is a magic number needed to retire comfortably raises eyebrows IMHO. Answer will always be "depends" on the person/lifestyle/etc.

And to second what obryanjf wrote. The game plan for retirement has not changed much over the years. Save and invest...yet we always see "new" books on the topic. If anything we should see more books on what to do after retirement although I think this forum is better than any book.

wildcat said:
  If anything we should see more books on what to do after retirement although I think this forum is better than any book.   

Better than any book I've seen.

JG

wildcat said:
Jim Cramer endorsed it so it must be good  :LOL:  ;)
If anything we should see more books on what to do after retirement although I think this forum is better than any book. 

That is for sure. I think it is because on this forum there are many viewpoints, rather than just the one of a book author. Also, the ideas here mostly are sincere, whereas I believe that at times at least, all the book author wants to do is think of some catchy phrases to package and market any idea, whether the idea be useful harmful or none of the above.

haha

I've definitely learned more from this forum than from all the books I've read on retirement put together.

Back
Top Bottom