Boomer wife bored by financial matters? Have her read this.

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
My DW is as smart as they come however she takes about 60 minutes per year to review her financial position and that is usually only when I prompt/cajole/insist action. This article got her to become more proactive in this area, and I thought that it may help any of you folks who find yourself in a simular situation.

http://www.investorsolutions.com/lc...5&NLstats=true&newsletterid=33&memberid=13387

Unfortunately, boomer women face unique risk factors that previous generations did not:  they live longer, marriages are less stable than before, many have been single parents (creating additional financial responsibilities for them), and many are solely responsible for the care giving of aging relatives.  Women in general continue to face prevalent financial challenges that men do not, including prevalent earnings disparity (76% of what men make for equal job), sex discrimination and inadequate health insurance coverage.  All of these risks, compounded, have resulted in a large part of our aging population facing a frighteningly difficult retirement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom