Brexit Paper Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

retire2020

Recycles dryer sheets
My portfolio(65/35) took a hit of 101K...about 3.5% loss.
What was yours?
I am planning to ride this out as usual. Will rebalance next month if AA is off by 5%.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

My Fidelity account, which is the easiest to track, lost ~3.1%. 95% stocks, 5% cash.

Mine about 2.75% saved solely my a large position in a REIT... O which closed in the green. Now officially 0 % growth this year... Wonderful

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

We refuse to look. Buck, buck...

total portfolio down 1.37% . not bad at all and one of the reasons i maintain a portfolio that is managed by beta and not strict allocations .

my shifting of a portion of equity money to high yield a few months ago gave me better returns then the markets at 1/2 the volatility .
still up about 1.50% ytd .

the swings today for any given allocation are far wider then pre 2000 . if you were comfortable pre 2000 with a 60/40 or 50/50 mix today that may take a 40/60 mix to stay within that comfort range .

Last edited:
my small mix took a 2.89% hit - still up for the year 3.15% (not invested until mid-February)

UK based investor so was out voting on Thursday. Portfolio up 1.9% on the week. Up 5.5% year to date.

Down 2.6. But I guess there is good reason to expect high volatility for many moons so I am not closing the door on this episode.

Paper loss of 2.8% yesterday.... bloody Brits! Down 1% for the week but up 1.8% YTD.

With the market having been on a tear for the past few months, I'm trying to figure out why this is such a big deal.

My portfolio got set back to my June 4th balance, so I've lost 20 days of gains. (Yeah....so?)

Rather than look at how much I "lost" yesterday, I'm down 1.04% for the week and still looking at an 8.5% run-rate for the year.

Just an estimate based on watching RNWEX RNWEX American Funds New World R4 Fund RNWEX Quote Price News - only look at totals at end of month. RNWEX dipped -4.61%. It has a mixture of EM-DM and US.

A bit of luck, though, as bi-monthly contribution went in today, so the overall total of 401k RNWEX went up. I'll just focus on that!

With 55% equities, I expect a -2.5% overall.

Traveling to Austria next week, so we'll definitely see and hear a lot about the human side of the issue.

Down about 2% yesterday. Really can't complain.

Last edited:
Quicken says, -3.08% for the day still up 4.35% YTD. Wellesley, Wellington helped.

Lost about $50k. Muni bonds were up big time and the only thing. Up about 2.3% for the year. Next week might take that away.

Individual equity accounts down 2.25% mutual funds down 4.67% (predominantly my international fund pulling down this bucket)

Yawn.

January/February was way worse.

You think this is a one day event? I don't. Not enough fear yet to call an end to it. Too much confusion. No clarity. Redemptions will hit next week driving it down more. Just my opinion.

I "lost" ~1.3%. But this is not over yet.

Last edited:
Down ~1.2%, this was only a one day event, hopefully it doesn't repeat the January/February performance; still anticipating more downturn for the next several days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom