Buffett says to keep working!

maddythebeagle

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well sort off....;)

Warren Buffett: Try index funds: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

Protect a portfolio from inflation. "The best protection against inflation is your own earning power," Buffett says, in response to a question about protecting a portfolio from the erosion of inflation. He says the next best thing is owning a wonderful business, adding that owning Coca-Cola or any name that people will always plunk money down to keep getting and that has low capital investment requirements is the best investment you can have.

Buffett said and bankrate.com wrote:In response to a question about why Buffett recommends index funds to investors, he said that for "a know-nothing investor, a low-cost index fund will beat professionally managed money."

Buffett said and bankrate.com wrote:In response to a question about why Buffett recommends index funds to investors, he said that for "a know-nothing investor, a low-cost index fund will beat professionally managed money."

Maybe he'll diversify into Vanguard funds..........:D

IMHO, there should always be a * by comments like that:

*if you enjoy your job*

Buffet has been fortunate enough to enjoy what he does and accumulate a substantial net worth -- not a bad scenario.

Of course he does. It keeps the humanoids from congesting all the places the retired folks go.

IMHO, there should always be a * by comments like that:

*if you enjoy your job*

Buffet has been fortunate enough to enjoy what he does and accumulate a substantial net worth -- not a bad scenario.

Yeah, Wildcat, and if you think you will live long enough to see any inflation and to enjoy the accumulation.

Let's see what I have in common with Buffett. Hmmmmmm...........cheese burgers and a nice cold cherry cola. :)

I thought Jimmy never worked and was always in Margaritaville. Oh, that Buffett!

;) Yeah, this one drinks Budweisers and cokes...although, hopefully not at the same time...everybody says to keep working...I smell a conspiracy...

Yeah, even my kids sometimes worry that "George Bush will get mad at Daddy for writing books telling everybody to stop working'. Seems even a school-aged kid knows that the govt needs your taxes more than it needs you to be happy and love your life in ER, I guess. Maybe it comes from all their time in schools which are run along much the same lines? (What if everybody decided not to go to school!?).

Back
Top Bottom