Can anyone recommend a tax accountant in NYC?

Olav23

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi everyone, I wasn't sure whether to post this in the FIRE forum or here, but didn't want anyone to think I was spamming...

I am just wondering if anyone can recommend an accountant in the NYC area to specifically work on my taxes. I am employed, and make over 100k and the wife freelances, working from home.

I'm sure there are a lot more deductions I could take, and I normally just use Turbotax. But my finances are getting more complicated now that I have restricted stock and the wife works from home.

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

I doubt if anyone else on this board lives in NY. Certainly not retired?

The Google moderated tax forum is very good for answers on specific issues. You could try posting your request on that board, but I have a suggestion... file your taxes using TTax then, several months after April 15 have it reviewed by a tax accountant. You can amend your return if need be. Right now time is precious for tax folks. You can get much more value for your professional fee by waiting until later whoever you use.

Great advice!

I have been using TurboTax for years now, but as my tax situation has been getting more and more complex (private stock, wife who is self employed working from home, etc) I figured they would know how best to maximize all my deductions and plan for the future.

A few people I know locally have made some recommendations, and doing them myself and amending later seems like a great way to make my money go a bit further when they have time.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom