car people - suggest a toy

I had a C5 corvette and sold it for a 2001 BMW 330i because I got married and I needed to carry passengers. Your first choice was a Porsche so I suggest you stick with that with a caveat. Check the reliability of the Porsche because some model year have been problematic. My BMW has been more reliable than my C5 corvette but the C5 corvette was more fun to drive. Another factor is how you going to drive it. If you want to drive it to the limit then be very careful about the Porsche. The limit is high but there is no warning and unskilled people end up in an accident. My C5 understeer as I come close to the limit so I back off safely. Car and driver magazine may provide information how the sports car performs at the limits. You want the car to understeer. If the car oversteer then only a skilled driver can recover when your tail swings out and generally the unskilled driver over-corrects and loses control.

Nice car Congrats , I will stay with my Mustangs . Years ago I had a 1974 Porsche 914 . I was so happy and excited . Then I started doing repairs . Although I bought is for a song I sold it and more than doubled my money . The guy told me the engine was shot . My son and I put a new battery , alternator and voltage regulator on it and drove it for a summer. It was a bright yellow , and when we drove it everyone looked at it. Cars are so much fun , the worse deal I ever did was to trade a 1964 Triumph TR 4 for a Bradley GT . Kit cars are JUNK !

I have a 2009 Saturn Sky Turbo, bright red. Her name is Delilah! She's beautiful and a blast to drive. Also didn't cost very much! Fingers crossed my knees don't need replacing anytime soon....

Back
Top Bottom