Cashing out home equity to invest in Mutual Funds

dgalbraith100 said:
I don't think we've hit the top yet, to many people saying "We've hit the top".

We need fewer people saying that, and more people saying, "this time its different".... Then we've hit the top :D :D :D
Agreed, ... taxi drivers and the counter guy at the deli haven'tt been touting their 'buys' yet.

chinaco said:
Boy... sentiment must be very positive. We are probably around a market top in Big caps in the next 12 months... When people start talking Heloc and Credit card Tickler rates for leverage.

Is it time to run? :-\

Stay well diversified. Greed is taking over. Soon, the stampede will start when those same people fall apart when fear takes over!.

I read an article by Jeremy Siegel somewhere saying the fundamentals are still good for the short-term for both US and international stocks.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Was it Rothschild who said "I got rich by selling early"? ;)
Could be. Many seem to think that Bernard Baruch said "I sold too soon" in response to questions about how he got rich, but I couldn't find a source.

I think i've heard it attributed to several wealthy type folks.

Do note that I was considered a moron for 7 years for selling my company stock every year and diversifying, and then absolutely crazy for getting out of the market altogether in 2000.

Took 7 years to become a genius the first time, and about nine months the second time.

So pay close attention the next time someone says I'm an idiot.

Wait for it...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:

(I've typed and deleted three responses to this juicy setup. I can't make up my mind... talk about a target rich environment...) :LOL:

Oh come on...I'm trying to make it easy on you weak eyed old farts from texas that dont even know how to make decent barbecue like they do in carolina.

:LOL:

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Oh come on...I'm trying to make it easy on you weak eyed old farts from texas that dont even know how to make decent barbecue like they do in carolina.

I think you might have justed started WW3

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
weak eyed old farts from texas that dont even know how to make decent barbecue like they do in carolina.

CFB wins this one, hands down. Real Americans don't eat beef barbecue.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:

I think it's time everyone started paying close attention... ;)

donheff said:
CFB wins this one, hands down. Real Americans don't eat beef barbecue.

You may question my eyesight, age, gastric performance and culinary skills, but please don't doubt my patriotism.

REWahoo! said:
I think it's time everyone started paying close attention... ;)

There ya go ya old coot that eats burned bits of beef covered in sweet sauce...

Is it time to start telling everyone that besides the bad barbecue, that texas has unlimited free beer for everyone and its served exclusively by topless 19 year old waitresses (and waiters if you must)...?

seems like folks had a few mimosa's w/ their sunday brunch? or is that just straight tequila? :-*

Usually straight tequila and a little lime. Mixing good vodka with orange juice should be a capitol offense, just like slathering sugar on a hunk of beef and burning it beyond recognition. :LOL:

In a good faith effort to prevent you from further embarrassing yourself, no self-respecting Texan puts sugar on beef prior to cooking it...or after. All the flavor you'll ever need comes from being properly seasoned with a rub prior to burning cooking.

And bright-eyed, in these parts a mimosa is a tree...beer is what you drink at brunch. ;)

Gosh darn it, I must be reading the wrong recipes...most of the rub recipes i've seen had brown sugar as a primary ingredient or at a minimum, as a secondary one.

I must need to move more furniture. I have way too much excess energy for idle baiting. ;)

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Gosh darn it, I must be reading the wrong recipes...most of the rub recipes i've seen had brown sugar as a primary ingredient or at a minimum, as a secondary one.

You aren't confusing gen-u-wine Texas BBQ seasoning with that stuff they dust on Buffalo wings are you? :p

Although I don't claim to be an expert in this area, I do know that the rub my son-in-law developed and markets has absolutely no sugar in it. And I believe it is typical of most the seasonings you will find on the beef being burned in this part of the world. ;)

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
I must need to move more furniture. I have way too much excess energy for idle baiting. ;)

I've seen you argue with a fence post about paying off the mortgage, purchasing annuities, and other subjects of questionable importance. I cannot believe you would back away so quickly from a topic of such magnitude that it leaves those other discussions in the dust...or should that be in the smoke? ;)

nothing like taking a tax free gain on your home and translating it into a taxable investment in funds . by the time you figure interest on the heloc and taxes i doubt its worth the risk.

The REAL secret to Texas BBQ is what you're smoking while smoking...
rauch10.gif

I looked at the Kanak photo gallery. Some of them boys have had a lot of seasoning.

I've seen a lot of Texas. Where are those 19-year old topless waitresses with the free beer? Have I missed something?

Now that this thread has migrated to something interesting (no, not breasts, barbecue!) I have to say that all barbecue made by a skilled cook in a traditional way is almost too good to be stood. Gotta admit my personal favorite is Texas Beef brisket, and my favorite place is a joint in Texarkana which I have unfortunately forgotten the name of. So fine! :)

Ha

The best part of my part of the country is that we have access to some fine pork AND beef barbecue options, being about equidistant from Dallas and KC. I care a lot more about how well it was prepared than whatever critter it came from.

Dang, now I want to go grab a brisket sammich for lunch from the local BBQ hole in the wall...

REWahoo! said:
I've seen you argue with a fence post about paying off the mortgage, purchasing annuities, and other subjects of questionable importance.

You gonna take that SG?

I think you're far smarter than a fence post, btw. ;)

Back
Top Bottom