Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Is there anything special available if you'd like to get 2 T-Mobile phones (for DW and me)? Or do you have to buy each as a separate account?

Les
Lsbcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiuxiu View Post
Ditto. $20 for the phone, add $100 for minutes once per year.
Same here -- use around 1000 minutes a year. If you buy the minutes from other sites, you can find even better prices on refills -- I think I have paid as little as $88 for the 1000 minute refill (and never more than $94).
Lakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbcal View Post
Is there anything special available if you'd like to get 2 T-Mobile phones (for DW and me)? Or do you have to buy each as a separate account?

Les
I don't think they offer deals for multiple phones with prepaid since there are no fees other than buying minutes (after buying the phone), but you might check out their website to verify. I never really looked into that since I just have one phone.
Lakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Thanks Lakedog, we just have one phone now too for DW. There are times it would have been nice for me to have one too.

Les
Lsbcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:48 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbcal View Post

Les
As Lakedog said, no deals for prepaid, it is what it is. But, T-Mobile has a "Family Plan" for regular contract phones. I put our two kids on it when they were both off to college, cheaper than single plans for each (check their website for details).

But the best thing has been adding the T-Mobile@Home for another $10. Unlimited long distance for our home phones through the internet. And un-metered 24/7 calls to the kids on the Family plan.

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote