Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Goonie... I dont' know where you are located, but they only do the offer in a mailing when they open up new locations.... they try and 'buy' a customer base so it will be worth the $1 mill or so they dropped on the branch.... no new branch, no offer..

And they are not the only ones... I got BofA, Wachovia, WAMU and a couple more as there is a big neighborhood that opened up just north of me and all put in a new branch...
Texas Proud is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2007, 02:58 AM   #22
Give me a forum ...

Sounds like a contradiction in terms: The bank is giving me money.
chinaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddythebeagle View Post
I wouldnt say that I earned anything from some of your argumentative 1000 word responses in some threads...but yeah, make yourself feel good about yourself, by crapping in another thread...and saying your time is so valuable....At least you didnt waste your normal half hour in response this time...
I'm having difficulty understanding this response.

Nords is certainly one of the more prolific posters. But I haven't noticed him going out of his way blasting other posters out of the blue, unless they have done something to deserve it.

To be honest, I'm not always in the mood to read all of his longer posts. If that is the case, I skip over some or most of them (what a concept!) and skip the part where I blame him for writing "too much." But I think skipping a posting says more about me and how I am feeling at the time than it does the writer.

There are times that I read them all and get a lot out of them. I can only assume this is probably true for other folks--and maybe the ones that speak to them are different posts than the ones I like the most. That's the beauty of the internet--nobody forces you to read anything.

Honestly, people can disagree and even argue, but there is no reason to be just plain mean.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Slight Update: Got a CHASE Visa with a $30 rebate when I purchased a new Monitor for my Computer a few months ago. The next month they sent me a post card saying "use it and charge $100 in the next billing period we will give you a $10 credit". OK used the card for a few things and yes they did give me the credit ($105 charges became $95 of charges). Today I opened another card from them and they say "use the card to charge $100 in the next billing period and we will give you a $25 rebate" So lets see get the card $30 use it for two billing cycles to the appropriate level and get another $35 and along with the $200 and "work" to establish the Checking account and they "give" me a total of $265.00. No annual fees, charges etc., 1099's are fine I know how to report them.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:18 AM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpatt View Post
I had an account with Bank One and now Chase and have never been charged a fee of any kind. I am only 20 and have been with them since I was 12 so its not like I have tons of money with them.
You probably have a zero percent interest rate on your checking account.........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:19 AM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaco View Post
Sounds like a contradiction in terms: The bank is giving me money.

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote