CHASE Mortgage - HORRENDOUS experience.

Perhaps Safire would be best served by a very knowledgeable mortgage broker who has access to multiple lenders and is aware of all available programs in her area (i.e. program for first time buyers).

The issue is how to find one?

Safire, are you working with a particular real estate agent who maybe could recommend a broker to you?

Hi, I am working with a lender but she would only recommend one lender (who I later discovered also recommends her - the agent - in a quid pro quo way that makes me uncomfortable). It's been quite disappointing. I've put the home purchase on hold and trying to get preapproved first.

I've never heard of UWM.

A quick Google search took me here -- and following links shown after I clicked that I am a borrower took me to a web page where they kindly suggested I get a mortgage broker!

www.uwm.com/

Last edited:
Hi, I am working with a lender but she would only recommend one lender (who I later discovered also recommends her - the agent - in a quid pro quo way that makes me uncomfortable). It's been quite disappointing. I've put the home purchase on hold and trying to get preapproved first.

I've never heard of UWM.

A quick Google search took me here -- and following links shown after I clicked that I am a borrower took me to a web page where they kindly suggested I get a mortgage broker!

www.uwm.com/

I certainly don't blame you for being leery of the lender recommended by your broker - as she only provided one option (i.e. the quid pro quo).

Perhaps a separate thread requesting that members advise of good experiences with particular mortgage brokers - and when? Then look for reviews on the particular recommendations.

The issue is how to find one?

At one point I got thoroughly frustrated with loan officers who were really just sales people and decided I needed to find an indendent Mortgage Broker, and tell him or her up front that I wanted to work with someone who would get the job done and not waste everyone's time.

A few hours of Google searches for local mortgage brokers that folks had had good experiences with, yielded a list of 3 to interview. I interviewed all 3, ruled out one of them, seriously considered a 2nd one, and hired the 3rd one.

The one I "hired" assigned his best loan processor to me, and she was a dream come true. Over the course of the next year we refi'd my home and 2 rental properties, at fabulous rates.

I'll never refi the old way again. A *real* mortgage broker is the way to go, especially if you are a self employed business owner.

Back
Top Bottom