Christmas Gift Allocation for your adult children

How do you allocate Christmas funds for adult children?

• Each of my children get the same total amount, and that amount is spread across their family

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • I spend so much per adult, DIL/SIL, and grandchild, regardless if one of my kids has one child or fi

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I write a check of the same anount ot each of my kids, and they do as they wish with it.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • I do not celebrate Christmas and/or we do not gift exchanges.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • It varies and depends if they have been naughty or nice this year!

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Side note: DW had never heard that if one was a "naughty" child instead of a "nice" one then Santa left a lump of coal in one's stocking. That's what made me think of a bag of coal. She must've had a sheltered life.

I guess! If it wasn't coal, it was switches... >:D But that was back in the 1950's, and I suspect younger folks would not be able to relate to such "barbaric" practices.

I donate ~$10K in (mostly) cash to organizations and individuals throughout the year. This year a few folks got the 4# mixed chocolate box (Esther Price if you want some really good stuff).

But yes I'm a curmudgeon and a Scrooge because I don't see the point in exchanging crap for no apparent reason; and I have no contact at all with folks I am biologically related to.

I also hit blood donation #177 in November.

I'll stop before I get moderated.

I've read enough of your posts to know how very generous you are. I'm glad you posted this response. :flowers:

This year, after Christmas, we are taking or DS (24), DD (26) and her hubby to 'Vegas to see Circ's Love. They do not know it yet, but I will also be giving a PowerPoint presentation on LBYM/pay-yourself-first/you-can-have-a-million-dollars-someday and why you need to.

So you are hosting your own version of a timeshare pitch? I think the prefered method is you don't give them the ticket to the show until you've held them captive for at least an hour.

Just kidding. Have fun.

We do something different every year for our adult children. Last year it was a wine frig and a case of wine, this year we are taking them to Hawaii for 2 weeks, so it varies but usually runs about $1000 each.

We also do one new hand made ornament every year, (my moms tradition) and give one to everyone who visits our home during the holidays. So we now have enough home made ornaments to decorate the entire tree. All are unique and have a story. All are dated and we do about 60 to 70 each year. I do a prototype every year for the next year. That way I have about 11 months to figure out how to build them and make each and every one a little unique.

We live far from our kids. We are giving them plane tickets to Orlando so they can meet us at Disneyworld. We love it, they* love it, and we get to see them. Win, win. We will also be giving them trinkets, pez dispensers, socks, pj's, cause that's how we roll.

*This will be grandbaby #1's first trip. I have indoctrinated her already. Every time we watched a Disney flick with her this fall and the castle came on screen I said "Do you want to go visit the castle with Mom'smom?" Now every time the castle comes up she says: "Go there?" Sweet:dance:

Back
Top Bottom