CITI just gave me 0% for 4 years on existing balances AND new purchases

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Until today, I have been so ANTI Citi Bank I couldnt see straight. They really tried to screw me over on a 0% for life promo I've taken advantage of. As long as i made 2 purchases/month, my existing Balance Transfer would stay at 0% til paid in full. WELL, I put Paypaul subscription services on the card at $.22 per transaction 3x/month. Then, about 6 months ago, for some reason, the last 2 didnt post until AFTER the month was over, although I have Paypal receipts showing they were processed well in time. The terms though state that they must POST in the billing cycle...so if CITI delays posting, you are S-O-L.

I hounded them by phone, fax and email for the last 6 months...each month my $4500 balance would incur about $100 of finance charges and revert to a 20% rate....i'd call, argue, get transferred, they'd refund the charges and it'd start all over the next month.

Well, they must be sick of me. I just got a letter that states my entire balance and any new purchases will be at a 0% rate for the next 45 months. That's right....not only is the original $4500 at 0%, but I can use the card for purchases at 0%!!!! This amazes me. do I trust them? Hell no! But at least i can take my time paying off this $4500 bucks....$100/month...it's free money!

Yay me

too bad i cant find the damned letters! i know they are SOMEWHERE though. they acknowledge sending the letter tho.

still charging me interest...still crediting it EVERY month

ridiculous

luckily they sent me two...i put them in different places and scanned one to the pc!

Where is the scanned one:confused:

BTW, it is not $100 per month as that is not what YOU can earn with the money... I think the best is probably 2%.... which is $7.50 per month...

Where is the scanned one:confused:

BTW, it is not $100 per month as that is not what YOU can earn with the money... I think the best is probably 2%.... which is $7.50 per month...

cant find it. very odd

cant find it. very odd

I think someone from Citi has come into your house and took the paper copies and deleted the scanned one so you do not have any proof anymore... why else would all three be gone!!!

I feel a little bit bad today. Citi sent me a pre-approved 0% for one year on purchases and ballance transfers , offer , not the 4 year deal. Maybe if i take it , and start bugging them, I can get it converted to the same 4 year deal.

The fine print is actually large enough to read. 3% fee on ballance transfers , and the default rate is just 29.99% APR.

Another change , they now ask about income, and don't pre-approve 100,000 like a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom