Clark Howard Retiring

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Well, of all the nerve! Practice what he preaches and then reaps the benefits.

Last edited:
Well good for him. I have been a fan for years but haven't listened to him much lately. IMO his advice was pretty solid.

I understand his desire to move on. He is a man of SS age after all. And he does have prostate cancer, which is under 'watchful waiting'. Lately, he has commented on his show that he has several medical conditions that put him in the Covid high-risk category. Perhaps he needs more time to take care of his health.

He is one of the few voices of reason in today's sound-byte world.
The guy is a real Boy Scout. And, I mean that in the most complimentary terms.

I understand his desire to move on. He is a man of SS age after all. And he does have prostate cancer, which is under 'watchful waiting'. Lately, he has commented on his show that he has several medical conditions that put him in the Covid high-risk category. Perhaps he needs more time to take care of his health.

He is one of the few voices of reason in today's sound-byte world.
The guy is a real Boy Scout. And, I mean that in the most complimentary terms.

Ah man, I didn't know about his cancer deal. Bummer! When we lived in Atlanta, my DW and I volunteered for a few years with his "Clark's Kids" which provided toys for kiddos that were in state custody (foster care). He is most certainly a class act!

I haven't seen/heard his show in years but I thought he was pretty good.

Yeah, heard his announcement today. I listen to him daily and will miss his show but I am happy for him.

I hope he has enough money for a decent retirement.

Maybe he'll show up here with a "Do I have enough?" post. Seriously I thought he was very good. Enjoyable and more comprehensive than just about anybody else but I never lived in a market that carried his show. I just listened here and there while traveling around. Bob Brinker and now Clark.

Hope he can live on less than 4%!

Haven't heard his show in years but I do check out his website for deals and info. Glad to hear he's not retiring from the web, only from his syndicated radio program.

Yeah, I can't imagine him completely hanging it up. I can get that the daily grind of a radio show gets old, but website stuff, possible books in the future, staying active with some presence in the field of money management, I can still see that.

Haven't heard his show in years but I do check out his website for deals and info. Glad to hear he's not retiring from the web, only from his syndicated radio program.

He mentioned he would still do podcasts. His information once helped me to help a gal I was dating save $200 on her new iPad. Thanks Clark!

Last edited:
Although I haven't listened to him since leaving Atlanta, I used to really enjoy his finance show. His advice is varied but was always interesting and pretty credible in my opinion. Congrats and enjoy retirement Clark! Well, sort of...seems like he will still have a podcast and daily bits on the local stations in Atlanta. ;)

https://www.ajc.com/life/radiotvtal...NQyyLU9W49OEaCt3VmD4kFm9Nayi1Z_dwwYrsSY9rt0l0

I have not listened to his shows in yrs but I always liked him. I had a problem with a deposit at a hotel over 30 yrs ago and called his show. a few days later a person from the hotel called his show and twisted the info. around so I call back and got thru right after the show ended and the operator at the station put him on the line. after talking about the call he asked where we ended up staying and how my vacation went. We talked for about 5 minutes Real nice guy hope he has a great and long retirement

I have always liked his shows and I think he might be ok in retirement!

I thought he was retired and did his show as a hobby, to help others.

I am glad Clark is going to retire and enjoy life. Good for him. But I am also glad he will continue his website. I consult his website about consumer questions very frequently. I wonder if he knows about this retirement forum? It would be fun to get his perspective on some of our topics here.

I too lived in Atlanta until the traffic did me in. Clark went into business in a travel agency upon receiving his MBA. He was successful enough to sell out and retire the first time at age 35.

Clark went to work writing articles about travel in the Atlanta Constitution newspaper. Then he went on WSM-750 doing snippets about travel. Then he opened an agency in association with the newspaper to help people solve various problems, and had a large volunteer staff help him. Later, Clark had the mid afternoon talk radio show about consumerism on WSM radio and it was such a hit that it was syndicated throughout much of the U.S.--on sister radio stations.

He used to come up with incredible travel deals, including weekend excursions in cahoots with Delta Airlines and later AirTran. The guy saved consumers $ millions in airfares and cheap accommodations. And he was so successful that he made a fortune with 3 jobs at once most of the time.

My hat's off to Clark. He's who taught my wife and I how to travel frugally and often. And 30 years later, we're still at it--except in 2020.

My uncle told me about Clark 5 or 7 years ago, and I started getting his podcasts. Listened regularly for a while, but only sporadically lately. He brings a lot of value to a lot of people, and doesn't seem to put his interests ahead of his listeners, so he's in my 'hero' category. And bravery; not afraid to take a position against larger interests, and stick to it, while acknowledging the other side of the argument.

I've been amazed at how prolific he's been, so the idea of stepping away from the daily radio show isn't too surprising. I'll keep following whatever he decides to do.

My uncle told me about Clark 5 or 7 years ago, and I started getting his podcasts. Listened regularly for a while, but only sporadically lately. He brings a lot of value to a lot of people, and doesn't seem to put his interests ahead of his listeners, so he's in my 'hero' category. And bravery; not afraid to take a position against larger interests, and stick to it, while acknowledging the other side of the argument.

I've been amazed at how prolific he's been, so the idea of stepping away from the daily radio show isn't too surprising. I'll keep following whatever he decides to do.

Great guy. He laughs like Herman Munster.

I never heard his radio show, but I used to watch his show on HLN many years back before I "cut the cord".

Back
Top Bottom