Clothing Cost Per Wearing

Any from Woodstock ??
I have a Woodstock '99 T shirt or two or three, folded very neatly and appreciating. :LOL:
In '69, I was exactly, um...11 years old. I lived 1 hour south.
There were actually some small kids at Woodstock '69, but not gonna happen under my Mom's watch, no sirrreeeeeeee.

The t-shirt I'm wearing today is from an event I attended in April of '86.

I wear 80's concert T-shirts when working out. They used to be my stepdaughter's, so are rather big on me (she's a Double Dang). They didn't cost me anything, as I didn't even know her father at the time the T-shirts were purchased!

Clothes are more expensive per wearing than people think.

What a waste of money if you ask me. I wear T-shirts from running races (not sure how to allocate the race entry cost in Quicken - entertainment or clothing....).

Wife spent $5k on clothes one year. Still pisses me off. Hope she's not on this board....

Clothes are more expensive per wearing than people think.

What a waste of money if you ask me. I wear T-shirts from running races (not sure how to allocate the race entry cost in Quicken - entertainment or clothing....).

Wife spent $5k on clothes one year. Still pisses me off. Hope she's not on this board....

I see no problem with spending unlimited amounts on personal adornment, if you can afford it and it fits into your plans. If her clothing purchase bothers you this much, could it be that her plans differ from yours? :whistle:

I see no problem with spending unlimited amounts on personal adornment, if you can afford it and it fits into your plans. If her clothing purchase bothers you this much, could it be that her plans differ from yours? :whistle:

We can afford and whatever makes her happy.

I have 3 classic cars and 3 motorcycles - she's probably postiing somewhere how wasteful that is....

I think my rain jacket wins in the cost per wearing department.

Having posted in thread about best purchase, one of the items was an early model of GoreTex rain jacket. Bought around 1974 or a bit later, wore it for a good bit of 14 years in the Aleutians. Can't remember the the price, but seemed darn expensive then. Still have it and use it on rainy days.

No cuts or nicks, some stains etc. but still holds the rain outside.

It has seen a lot of abuse, hiking among rocks, getting snagged on helicopter, aircraft doors, hinges, alder bushes, you name it. It truly is rip-stop, more like no-rip.

On a per wear bases it is probably in the 1/100 pennies range.

And it has a "Full Unlimited Warranty for an unlimited time period" replacement. Though never checked if they are still in business.

I got a lot of use out of the dark blue wool short (very short, but weren't they all in the 70s) dress I was married in--probably wore it twice a week to work until the moths had at it.

This is very much a topic after my own heart.

I shop (when I shop - which is rarely, 'cause I hate it) clearance racks and used clothing stores - but most of my clothing are hand-me downs from family or friends who, um, "outgrew" them. Rarely buy anything over $10 and only if I am going to wear it at least 10 times ($1/wearing is wear I start to see something as "good value"). I do wear pantyhose (as I am still working in a "professional" field) - but I buy in bulk from the Hanes closeout catalogue (3 dozen pairs lasts 5 years). I don't buy anything that needs to be drycleaned.

It helps that I am the same size I was 15 years ago when I acquired my first "professional" garb - would have had to spend a lot more over the years if I had to accomodate a growing waistline - as it stands some of those original acquisitions are still being worn regulalry.

What drives me crazy is drycleaning. We have no shirt or pant ironer persons in the household, and the officewear generally involves clothing that requires pressing.

Then I discovered Eddie Bauer no-iron shirts. Bought a couple. It works. At an outlet in Florida found a sale, and bought one of each of the line.

Up in Canada we have Marks Work Wearhouse. They have a very good line of office type no iron pants, nice quality. I am so happy to have fired my drycleaner.

I also stalk Walmart.

My wife bought my yearly allotment of one pair of jeans today for $22. I'll probably wear them 3 times this week to the office and every week thereafter for the next 52 weeks.

FYI: Sears has Levi's 550 jeans on sale for $9.99.

Back
Top Bottom