Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-03-2009, 05:58 AM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander06 View Post
Quick comment...

I have recently concluded that becoming an adult is listening to yourself and not abdicating responsibility for your actions. Bottom line... there are no "experts" only 3-piece suits. With a little research, I reckon I'm as smart as the best that the world has to offer. I mean, I didn't see this "crash" coming, but neither did the "experts".

If I'm not mistaken, you all sound pretty smart to me so far based on your comments.

Cheers,
Steve

P.S. Oh, but keep in mind that I've only posted twice so far, so I could be wrong!!!
The there is an inverse relationship here, between post counts and being right. Enjoy being right - it won't last.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2009, 06:27 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskadverse View Post
The there is an inverse relationship here, between post counts and being right. Enjoy being right - it won't last.
I can attest to that! My post count is pretty high, but I am not often right. That's OK - - I'm here to learn.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

looking around, you can now get CNBC's Fast Money for free every day as a podcast. just search for CNBC in the Itunes store
al_bundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:11 PM   #44
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
looking around, you can now get CNBC's Fast Money for free every day as a podcast. just search for CNBC in the Itunes store
If it were only true "fast money free". Unless they are sending hundred dollar credits to my account, why bother with the drivel?
Old 03-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #45

it's the only show i like other than Quack Box on there because the hosts don't just tell you to buy. Kudlow is pretty good, but he got boring back in 2007 and 2008 when the only thing he was saying was goldilocks as the market started to collapse. Too bad Cramer has his own show, when it was Kudlow and Cramer it was worth watching

quack box does have Becky Quick which is a big plus. i used to read her stuff when she was a reporter for the Wall Street Journal.
al_bundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:49 AM   #46
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Click on 'CNBC Gives Financial Advice' segment. Pretty funny in a sad way.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Official Website | Current Events & Pop Culture News, Comedy & Fake News | Comedy Central
Old 03-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg54 View Post

Watched it earlier today. Your right, vacillate between wanting to laugh and cry. The end segment interviewing Stanford and how his bank dodged the MBS disaster is stomach turning in hindsight

DD
DblDoc is offline   Reply With Quote