CNBC - Gotta Love It!

Mysto

Recycles dryer sheets
Watching CNBC yesterday and was amazed at the number of experts talking about how they had gone defensive some time ago and how they saw the downturn coming.

These were the same people that were telling everyone to buy just a very short time ago (at a much higher S&P)

I find it remarkable that people that get paid much more than I do (did) can only explain what the market is doing after the fact. I can do that!

I think that CNBC should review the results of their experts and when they are wrong no longer allow them on the shows. At the end we would have an accurate few (but my bet is that we wouldn't have any "expert guests" left to interview.)

I regard CNBC as simply entertainment, and enjoy it as such.

I would not use any of their shows as a financial advisor, and would not recommend that anybody else do that either. I do like the fact that some of their shows inspire me to think and reconsider, but believing in their bull or bear predictions would be taking things WAY too far (for me, anyway).

I agree. Some of these guys portray themselves as being right all the time. I find myself watching less everyday. Might be because the market sucks right now though. :-\

I watch [-]for the concise infromation and insightful commentary[/-] because of Becky Quick and Michelle Caruso-Cabrerra... >:D

Mostly just background noise while I drink coffee.

....and I suppose that I'm the ONLY one watching [-]lusting after [/-] Erin Burnett or Maria Bartiromo and [-]hoping that CNBC just might start their own version of "The Naked News"[/-] their insightful information regarding investments, huh? :rolleyes: :angel:

....and I suppose that I'm the ONLY one watching [-]lusting after [/-] Erin Burnett or Maria Bartiromo and [-]hoping that CNBC just might start their own version of "The Naked News"[/-] their insightful information regarding investments, huh? :rolleyes: :angel:

Maria Bartiromo? Naked, are you kidding? Yuck!

since most of those guests are fund managers, they are doing exactly what they are paid for. protect their funds and their investors' money at the expense of everyone else. they have no fiduciary duty to any of the viewers

Financial shows are similar to the local weather on television, except rather than forecast the future they tell me what happened yesterday.

I watch [-]for the concise infromation and insightful commentary[/-] because of Becky Quick and Michelle Caruso-Cabrerra... >:D

Mostly just background noise while I drink coffee.
Me too - they are my faves! (and I'm female)

Erin drives me up the wall! Especially when she gets with Cramer.

Dylan Radigan cracks me up.

It's just fluffy infotainment. But it sure beats watching the other news networks.

Audrey

she used to write for the WSJ D section and started doing guest appearences on CNBC and then they hired her full time

bloomberg is no better and they have those stupid numbers taking up too much screen space

I regard CNBC as simply entertainment, and enjoy it as such.

I would not use any of their shows as a financial advisor, and would not recommend that anybody else do that either. I do like the fact that some of their shows inspire me to think and reconsider, but believing in their bull or bear predictions would be taking things WAY too far (for me, anyway).

You would be amazed at the number of "DIY"'s that think CNBC is a "free financial advisor" that understands them............:D

Oh golly!! :eek: (gulp)

And I thought I was naive when it comes to investing!

Believe me, this board is in the top one-tenth of one percent of all the folks I meet out there, with regards to understanding investments, etc.

I could tell stories for days on the unbelievable things I have seen people do regarding their money............

Well, here's one off the bat. How about taking the pension option "lifetime only", when you have had prostate cancer, your wife is 8 years younger, and you were the primary breadwinner?

Hmmm..........ok, another one. Taking an early withdrawal from your IRA account to fund your son's "start-up business", getting whacked with penalties to do so, and then getting sued from son's vendors after he closes up shop without paying them. Turns out Dad was on the business paperwork as a "partner"............

Well, here's one off the bat. How about taking the pension option "lifetime only", when you have had prostate cancer, your wife is 8 years younger, and you were the primary breadwinner?

I can't top that one. On the other hand if he hated his wife that would be a great way to get revenge from beyond the grave.

I'm thinking we need a financial darwin award for people least capable taking care of their money.

I can't top that one. On the other hand if he hated his wife that would be a great way to get revenge from beyond the grave.

I'm thinking we need a financial darwin award for people least capable taking care of their money.

Let's get one started on here, we have plenty of seasoned judges..........;)

They're running a series of promos featuring well know CEO's and others that goes something like:
"Im a big-wig............I run the world...........and I watch CNBC"

........makes me gag whenever it runs.

I'm HFWR. I'm lying in bed, drinking coffee, and reading er-org. I watch CNBC [-]while fantasizing about Becky being nekkid[/-]!

:D

I haven't watched Fox Business news very much, but I see Fox is continuing to uphold the name when comes to woman they hire, some really lookers. I sure would hate to be a woman journalist now days, not much chance if you don't look like a model.

Back
Top Bottom