Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 11:49 AM   #301
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwraigty View Post
I'm not selling any of my financial positions. I'm waiting to buy more.
This is my plan exactly - will go from current 55% up to maybe 90%, but not sure when.

Also, still in accumulation (somewhat), but I will be increasing my contribution now that market is lower, not decreasing as someone else stated a few posts up.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2020, 11:59 AM   #302
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg View Post
I am fortunate (or unfortunate) to be still in the accumulation phase. Will not touch my equites for 5 more years. My reaction to this has been to change 401K contribution from max down to 6% to get the company match. Also instead of the additional $1500/month going into taxable (equities) it will now sit in MM until I feel this current black swan has run it's course. When will I know? ?? Heck, I may wait in cash (MM) until after the election. I know-not suppose to time the market. I just can't see putting $ into the market right now.

You are in the accumulation phase yet you buy fewer equities when prices go down?
Old 02-27-2020, 01:14 PM   #303
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEXPAT View Post
Was 100% cash Monday morning, now between yesterday afternoon and this morning I am up to 92% equities again although it is mostly miners and crypto at this point.
LEEEEEEROYYYY JENKINNNSSSSS!!!!!

For those not familiar with the video game legend, (Some rough language.)
Old 02-27-2020, 01:27 PM   #304
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
Dang, that is going all in.
Yeah, I am such a wuss compared to this. A big asset allocation move to me is 5% of my net worth.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:51 PM   #305
Administrator

The moderators are closing this thread so that we can better organize the various threads related to the coronavirus COVID-19 and reiterate some ground rules for posting. Here is the link to the new thread https://www.early-retirement.org/for...ii-102347.html