Correction Imminent?

So, I read the linked articles, and thought they were good.

Today, I was "catching up" on my reading and thought these two articles (well, it is kind of a part 1/part 2 but isn't identified as such.) would fit in here:

Investors’ 10 Most Common Behavioral Biases

Top Ten Ways to Deal with Behavioral Biases

But then, if I like to see posts like the following, which agrees with my understanding of the current state of the world economy, people are going to say that I suffer from confirmation bias, right? ;)

Macro-wise the environment is OK and improving. That means that we should see good results for equities and commodities and I expect cyclical equities will do real well.

Anyway, I have placed my bets, and am patiently waiting to see if my prediction plays out. Will post result in a year.

Last edited:
I posted that NASA link about the asteroid fly-by next month in another thread. I suspect that REWahoo hasn't slept since.

img_1277097_0_7dab5df9aa0afbe36d0aad4feb743f62.gif

There's no time to waste! Is it really an asteroid fly-by or a real "fly-to"?

I do not know how fast Vanguard can transfer the money to a shareholder's checking account, but there are only 17 days left.

Assuming one has 17 days left to spend it all, would that be called 100%WR in 2013, or should that be counted on an annualized basis as 100% X 365 / 17 = 2147% WR?

Forget about tax liabilities like several recent threads discussed. I would just spend all of the proceed and would not share any with the IRS.

Too late. I spent everything just prior to the Mayan apocalypse last month, and am currently living on pine needles from my neighbors' discarded xmas trees. Good thing I kept that Euell Gibbons cookbook!

Good thing you are not my neighbor!

Well, you see, I threw away the artificial Xmas tree which I kept for 20+ years. Its needles are plastic, and would cause you a helluva indigestion.

Too late. I spent everything just prior to the Mayan apocalypse last month, and am currently living on pine needles from my neighbors' discarded xmas trees. Good thing I kept that Euell Gibbons cookbook!
Post Grape Nuts! Never knew grapes had nuts, but this is a learning forum. Any recipes you wanna share? :)

braumeister said:

Euell Gibbons...Talk about a blast from the past. I haven't heard that name in forever. I remember those commercials. I couldn't resist and googled him. Died in 1975, wow that was a long time ago. I guess no one under 30 would have got your joke. I truly am getting old.....

I suppose everything in that book tastes like wild hickory nuts...

I remember when watching him, he seemed so old looking to me at the time. He was only 64 when he died. A young whipper snapper.

I suppose everything in that book tastes like wild hickory nuts...
That's great. All one needs to add now is a protein source.

Then, because most meats taste like chicken, any dish that you throw together will not have a taste that stray too far from chicken with hickory nuts.

I guess if one gets bored with day in, day out "chicken with hickory nuts", he can experiment with spices and herbs to kick it up a notch. Add a bit curry powder => instant South Asian flavor. Use more olive oil, some butter with lavender, and voilà, a touch of Provence. Jerk spice, anybody?

Yes, just because one cooks with what one stumbles across does not mean his meal has to be boring.

Still, I am wondering what pine needles taste like with limb chicken...

Last edited:
Euell Gibbons' book, "Stalking the Wild Asparagus" was on the bedside table of every self-respecting hippie back in the day, including me. I don't remember much about it except that it was intriguing. Either it was very well written or else we as a generation were just on the cusp of discovering that there was more to nutrition than tuna casseroles.

Last edited:
Market correction to wild asparagus. Thread drift can be an interesting process to watch.

NMG

It's all related. In the aftermath of a market correction, what does one do to survive?

In this forum, we strive to be efficient, and cover the subsequent topic in the same breath without bothering to start a new thread.

Market correction to wild asparagus. Thread drift can be an interesting process to watch.

NMG
It's technique only, but I check on a thread after it's got a lot of posts even if the title doesn't interest me at all. If there are 50-100 posts you can bet the subject is entirely different from the OP and maybe something more interesting is being bandied about.

Euell Gibbons' book, "Stalking the Wild Asparagus" was on the bedside table of every self-respecting hippie back in the day, including me. I don't remember much about it except that it was intriguing. Either it was very well written or else we as a generation were just on the cusp of discovering that there was more to nutrition than tuna casseroles.

It's asparagus, officer... :police:

My impression is that there is an unspoken etiquette that posters would stick to the topic initially out of respect for the OP. Then, when the thread looks like it is dying out after a day or two with nobody having anything left to add, then it is socially acceptable to extend the thread into, ahem, side topics.

Sometimes, a new forum poster may discover the thread due to the posting activity, and makes a post to resurrect the original topic, if he has something new to say.

If I were the thread starter, I would not mind seeing a thread given an extended life, and my thread got bumped. Else, it would get buried under new threads and died out.

Back
Top Bottom