Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #201
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Fascinating - I just got this in an mail (it's not spam, the links are all back to ancestry.com). :

Quote:
Ancestry wants to make sure you are aware of Costco's partnership shift from American Express to Visa.

Our records indicate that your Ancestry account has an American Express card on file that may be impacted by the change. If you have the American Express Costco Co-brand Card on your Ancestry account, it will not work after June 20, 2016. Please update your Ancestry account with a new credit card immediately to ensure continued service.
Apparently there are a lot of us out here who are about to switch cards...
mpeirce is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2016, 02:10 PM   #202
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I'm still waiting.

Only 11 days left.......
Old 06-10-2016, 02:19 PM   #203
Recycles dryer sheets

Me too, no sign of the new card yet......

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
OrcasIslandBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:58 PM   #204
Full time employment: Posting here.

I received mine just before Memorial day and DS got his on Monday this week. Same last name and his was sent to our address. Not sure the order they are being printed and mailed

I did see that they are mailing the cards up to the 17th of the month and Costco says the members WILL have them by the 20th. I guess that will be via speedy delivery since the 17th is a Friday and Monday is the 20th
Old 06-10-2016, 05:55 PM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnieboy View Post
I received mine just before Memorial day and DS got his on Monday this week. Same last name and his was sent to our address. Not sure the order they are being printed and mailed

I did see that they are mailing the cards up to the 17th of the month and Costco says the members WILL have them by the 20th. I guess that will be via speedy delivery since the 17th is a Friday and Monday is the 20th
I still haven't received mine. I was wondering if the cards are mailed out in the order that people "joined". I've only had mine for 1 1/2 years. So, my thinking is, people that had the Costco/Amex card longer got theirs first. Did those of you that received them have the cards for a long time?
splitwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:08 PM   #206
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnieboy View Post

OK - good to know. Yep - still don't have ours, and it's the 10th. But sounds like we should week or a couple of days later.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:09 PM   #207
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitwdw View Post
I still haven't received mine. I was wondering if the cards are mailed out in the order that people "joined". I've only had mine for 1 1/2 years. So, my thinking is, people that had the Costco/Amex card longer got theirs first. Did those of you that received them have the cards for a long time?
We've had our card at least 3 years if not 4 - probably 4.

I thought no it's some other random order. It's not geographic since my two neighbors got things at different times from me.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:59 PM   #208
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitwdw View Post

I've been a Costco card holder for 16 years, pretty much since they started with AMEX. My son is on one of my memberships, but I didn't add him till he was 18 since he couldn't have a membership until then, so me 16 years, him about 8 years. So maybe it is length of membership? Since I got mine just over a week before he got his.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:21 PM   #209

I just activated my card on the Citi website and found a statement that said any remaining balance on the Amex after June 19th would be transferred to the new Costco Visa. This was news to me, I thought I needed to pay off the Amex by the 19th and the start using the new Visa.

I'm taking a day trip on the 19th and usually fill up my gas tank in the morning as I leave and in the evening when I return. I thought I would need to use a different card, so am happy that the Costco Amex can be used that day.
KB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:23 PM   #210
Give me a forum ...

OK - 10 days left to get my card! We sure are coming down to the wire.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #211
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
OK - 10 days left to get my card! We sure are coming down to the wire.
Have you called?
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:45 PM   #212
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Have you called?
No, because they are still mailing cards out until June 17.

I got the credit card agreement from Citi, so I know I'm on the list. The credit card agreement letter got to me much later than my neighbors.

I have other cards I can use at Costco, but if I don't get my card by the 19th, I'll definitely be stopping by that booth and letting them know!!!

BTW - I just found out that my BankAmericard Cash Rewards now does 2% at wholesale clubs. It's 2.2% for me because I get a 10% bonus for redeeming into my checking. Limit $2500 - and we spend more at Costco annually than that.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:32 PM   #213
Give me a forum ...

We will be traveling on the 19th-20th so asked a Costco manager which to use when. She said that the Costco Amex card expires at midnight on the 19th, use the new card thereafter. She said not to worry about Amex card payments until the 20th, it will all transfer at midnight.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #214

Mine showed up today. I was not able to add it to ApplePay, most likely because it's not valid for another week. But it's nice to know that it did show up prior to the 20th.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:14 PM   #215

Got my card today. Turned out to be my brand-new Amazon card. One small step for a man...
Old 06-14-2016, 04:55 AM   #216
Recycles dryer sheets

Costco AMEX Replacement Card

My Costco card suddenly showed up in the mail yesterday. No warning, but no complaints either. By the way does anyone know if I can add an adult son to the Costco membership and get him a card too?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
OrcasIslandBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:12 AM   #217
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcasIslandBound View Post
My Costco card suddenly showed up in the mail yesterday. No warning, but no complaints either.
What do you mean no warning? Didn't you get the prior several communications that told you to expect it?
Old 06-14-2016, 05:21 AM   #218
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
My Costco card suddenly showed up in the mail yesterday. No warning, but no complaints either.
What do you mean no warning? Didn't you get the prior several communications that told you to expect it?

According to Costcos site
Quote:
household card is available to any cardholder's spouse, domestic partner or any immediate family member over the age of 18 and living at the same address.
You get one additional card. Sounds like quite a few people share a membership with a parent even though they don't live at the same address, so Costco must not enforce the address thing carefully. Seems like it could get messy with a shared credit card though. Both members are going to be on the same credit card.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:25 AM   #219
Administrator

Quote:
My Costco card suddenly showed up in the mail yesterday. No warning, but no complaints either. By the way does anyone know if I can add an adult son to the Costco membership and get him a card too?
Our second Costco membership card has been used by one daughter, then another, neither of which lived nearby. Never had a problem.
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:58 PM   #220

I got my card today and went online for the confirming. It just seems like they are cutting it close.
We'll probably crash their site when we can finally go online to register our accounts.
splitwdw is offline   Reply With Quote