Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-21-2018, 06:44 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I have the Costco card. Use it for gas and restaurants, and Costco purchases. It is nice to know there are no more foreign fees. I also have Chase Freedom with their 5% rotation. Amex gets 3% on groceries, which is where I use it
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldonnan View Post
Is the travel insurance included when using the Citi card for travel purchases or do you have to sign up separately for it on Costco’s site?
No sign up, its just part of the perk package (terms) included with the card. We travel often and I have had to juggle cards to avoid the foreign fees at the expense of the travel coverage. Now we don't!
Happyras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:41 AM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I think this is a great deal. A little bit of a pain to unfreeze our credit for the check. But I think it will be worth it for the Travel insurance alone.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:48 AM   #24

OK I can't find anything on the Citigroup site that states the foreign fee is being removed. The current terms on this card remain posted as follows;

Fees
Annual Fee
No annual fee for this credit card with your paid Costco Membership.

Transaction Fees
• Balance Transfer
Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.

• Cash Advance
Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.

• Foreign Purchase Transaction
3% of each purchase transaction in US dollars. No fee for purchases at Costco worldwide.

Maybe someone is confused on the no foreign fee at Costco only?
Old 01-21-2018, 10:51 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadimple View Post
New benefit added 1/25/18: No foreign transaction fee. This showed up in the Account Messages on my statement today.
I had to look hard but found it on the last page. Thanks for pointing this out!
Old 01-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #26

We spend so little cash now that the Costco rebate serves as our ATM withdrawal for the entire year. We only visit the bank now to deposit the occasional check (and I'm sure we could do that online).
Old 01-21-2018, 10:52 PM   #27
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwirk View Post
We spend so little cash now that the Costco rebate serves as our ATM withdrawal for the entire year. We only visit the bank now to deposit the occasional check (and I'm sure we could do that online).
Same here, LOL! Between the executive 2% rebate and the cash back on the card we didn’t pull any $$ out of ATMs last year except local currency overseas.

We do check deposits online now. We only visit the bank to take stuff in and out of our safe deposit box.