Count Down With Me...

Cadence said:
Sheryl,

If you don't mind me asking - what were the numbers you put into firecalc?

Well, it's fairly complicated - different sums of money being added at different times for diferent reasons - house sales, inheritance, etc. And I guess I'm not willing to post my precice net worth here in public. But it works at 100% success, taking just under 4% of net, and counting on a little less than half of what SS says we would get if we worked 12 more years. Hope that helps.

Thanks everybody for the congrats!

Congrats - but be safe - what inflation arte did you use? If its 3.0% try putting in another 0.25% in the inflation rate and see how that changes things. You can't be too careful.

Setting aside Sheryl's personal financial #, this may be a good time for architects to retire as I think we are at a pause point in residentail construction. Not the 80s, developers (and their lenders) ought to be pulling back to see how the next year's inventory is absorbed.

Nice job, Sheryl !!!

Best of luck and keep us posted !

-helen

Cadence said:
Congrats - but be safe - what inflation arte did you use? If its 3.0% try putting in another 0.25% in the inflation rate and see how that changes things. You can't be too careful.

Yes you can. You can be so careful that you spend more time working than is necessary.

2Cor521

Congratulations! That is so exciting for you. Enjoy!

Congrats!! Another success story!! :D :D

Sheryl said:
... and counting on a little less than half of what SS says we would get if we worked 12 more years.

Don't you mean 12 more MONTHS?

Sam said:
Don't you mean 12 more MONTHS?

Sorry, Yeah, that's what I meant. The dangers of pre-coffee posting, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom