Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-16-2020, 11:59 AM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Issue has been resolved. I just visited the treasurer's office and paid the base tax amount without penalties and account balance is $0, have receipt in hand

In this case it all depended on which county employee answered the phone. About two hours ago I decided I had better check on our personal property tax bill too, since we did not receive one for our two cars which I registered with the County within two weeks of moving in. Personal property taxes are due Dec. 5th as well. Well, I needed an account number to check online, which I don't have. So I called the number listed on the County web site and explained what happened on the real estate side, hence the reason for my call.

I then realized it was the same number I called yesterday, but a different clerk answered. After a quick check the clerk said, "This is not right, your real estate account has been assessed a late fee and interest, but you never received a bill. If you drop a check by today and see me (gives her name) I will remove all penalties. No tax is due on the cars, both are registered. You will receive a prorated bill in a month for the 3 months in 2019 you lived in the County."

Thanks again everyone who gave your input.
NateW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2020, 12:02 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Nice outcome. Congrats on getting it resolved!
Old 01-16-2020, 12:16 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Great solution in the end. You investigation into the codes is exactly what I do when something doesn't work out the way I thought it should . It usually resolves any conflicts of opinion whether my misunderstanding or the other's.
CRLLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:20 PM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I love a happy ending.