Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 10:17 PM   #161
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Futures now -400 and change on the news that we apparently have our first untraceable case confirmed in the US, so looks like tomorrow will be another hum dinger.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2020, 07:30 AM   #162
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXguy View Post
COVID-19 hasn't started spreading through the community in the U.S. yet. It will be a lot worse than the regular flu when that happens. It's many times more fatal than the regular flu, plus there is no vaccine, a long incubation period, it can be spread even from those who are asymptomatic, and people don't build long term immunity to it, so you can be hit multiple times with it. It looks potentially and most likely pretty bad from my perspective - it's just a matter of time in this country.
Looks like it's already time to update my post from yesterday!

CDC confirms the first US coronavirus case of 'unknown' origin.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/27/healt...ion/index.html
Old 02-27-2020, 07:40 AM   #163
Administrator

They don't know whether the person was in contact with one of the "travel cases" or may have traveled abroad him or herself. And they may never know, as the patient was on a ventilator when transferred to the US Davis Medical Center, which means he or she is very likely unable to communicate a travel and contact history. Consider also the possibility that someone might not admit that they have recently arrived from China for any number of reasons.

It may well be a case of what is deemed "community transmission", but as yet we don't know. I suspect such a thing has always been inevitable. What I do know is that scare mongering large font headlines are unlikely to improve things.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:52 AM   #164
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I have heard that he lives near Travis Airforce Base where some from the Princess cruise are quarantined.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:08 AM   #165
Administrator

In an effort to focus the Coronavirus discussions we have decided to close this thread and ask that the discussion continue in the existing thread on the financial aspects of the Coronavirus.

https://www.early-retirement.org/for...ml#post2377125

We have also renamed the other 2 threads dealing with the financial, travel and health aspects of the outbreak to make them easier to find.
Closed Thread