CPA/CFP Assistance needed.

two4theroad

Recycles dryer sheets
We are planning to go with Vanguard and are already communicating with them. Every time we ask questions concerning long term withdrawal strategies or the exact benefits of doing things a certain way they remind me that they are not tax experts. I would like to consult a CPA/CFP or CFA about plans for converting our 401K's to IRAs. There are so many tax questions and different ways to approach the changeovers that have to be made over the next year or two that I am overwhelmed. I can find a CPA but have had no luck with contacting a local person with CFA/CFP credentials. I googled it but still no luck. I already spoke to just a CPA and he was no help.....long pitiful story. Anyone know of or know how to find the person I need in Corpus Christi, Texas who will work for an hourly rate:confused:??
Thanx,
2fer

You need a CFP, not a CFA. A CFA does more of the anaytical side of the investment piece, like a portfolio manager.

Good luck in your search...........

I like this web site http://www.irahelp.com/

First, they have a forum for posting IRA/401k/Tax questions. Most folks who reply are "professionals". I gotten good accurate (quoted tax documents) advice.

Second, there are lists of advisors and attorneys.

Third, I like the guy who started the site, Ed Slott, especially some of his books.

Yes, they would like your money, but #1 and #2 are free ! :D

Thanks for your replies. :) I have already tried the NAPFA website and it lists no one in Corpus Christi, TX. As FD said I am really looking for a CFP/CPA combo. I know they exist just not where. I would like someone I can sit down with and talk to in person for now. We have so many issues, recently married, combining households, both recently retired or soon to retire, large rollovers with company stock (NUA) and options involved etc.....The taxes are gonna kill us :mad: for the next 2 years and I would like to do it as efficiently as possible.
Any other referrals for a local guy would be appreciated.
Thanx,
2fer

Thanks for your replies. :) I have already tried the NAPFA website and it lists no one in Corpus Christi, TX. As FD said I am really looking for a CFP/CPA combo. I know they exist just not where. I would like someone I can sit down with and talk to in person for now. We have so many issues, recently married, combining households, both recently retired or soon to retire, large rollovers with company stock (NUA) and options involved etc.....The taxes are gonna kill us :mad: for the next 2 years and I would like to do it as efficiently as possible.
Any other referrals for a local guy would be appreciated.
Thanx,
2fer

I know a guy who recruits brokers in Texas. If anyone knows a person like that,it would be him. Give me a few days and I will see what I can come up with.........

Back
Top Bottom