cramer on Colbert Report

JohnDoe

Recycles dryer sheets
LOL...they just made an ass out of Cramer on the Colbert Report.

Probably aired a few days ago for the 1st time.

Anyone catch this?

JohnDoe: Can you give some examples of how Colbert made an ass of Cramer? I just saw maybe 2 minutes of it. Cramer, at the beginning seemed pretty low key for him...well, he wasn't screaming, anyway. Turned it off. Now I wish I had watched it.
Please expound.

Hulu just informed me that it can only stream video inside the United States. This must be to prevent foreign terrorists (or is that tourists? or are they the same thing?) from gaining crucial information vital to the security of the United States.

Good stuff, good acting by Cramer too. It's all show biz!!!!!!!!!!!

Jug

I agree with Ziggy. The video was mildly humorous, but in no way made Cramer look bad. He dealt with Colbert's loonyness pretty well. This is probably the nicest comment I've ever made about him.

Oh yeah..I did see this on Colbert. Laughed my head off. I got the humor in it, but I love Colbert's style, anyway. Dry humor is the best.

I agree with Ziggy. The video was mildly humorous, but in no way made Cramer look bad. He dealt with Colbert's loonyness pretty well. This is probably the nicest comment I've ever made about him.

I just watched. I don't get the OP's take on it either. I've only seen Cramer rarely, that was the calmest, sanest I've seen him. He seemed to do OK. I get the kittens and all the "let's be positive" angle, but didn't really think it was all that funny, just a little funny.

When did Cramer look bad? I guess I missed it?

-ERD50

OP must have changed his/her mind. Hasn't been back since throwing the ball over the transom and running.

When did Cramer look bad? I guess I missed it?

-ERD50

Can't vouch for the video editing, but I saw O'Reilly do a piece on the on-going "fight" between these two "boys". Cramer would say "I never said blah, blah, blah" and O'reilly would show Cramer saying "blah, blah, blah" more or less word for word as pointed out by Colbert. Don't have a dog in this hunt, but it was kinda funny to watch.

As I recall the "blah, blah, blah" was about Bear Stearns stock recommendations.

OP must have changed his/her mind. Hasn't been back since throwing the ball over the transom and running.

Yep, kinda looking like a very slightly more stealthy version of some of the old Soapbox hit and run posters.

-ERD50

I didn't watch it as I refuse to watch Cramer. But the below link had the same view as the OP.

"After a video introduction that mocked the anticipation of the interview, Stewart began hammering Cramer on his poorly timed financial advice. It only got worse for poor Jim, who looked like a deer in headlights. Stewart repeatedly put Cramer on the spot with clips of the "Mad Money" host in a 2006 interview."

Stewart vs. Cramer: Winner Take All - Yahoo! TV Blog

LOL...they just made an ass out of Cramer on the Colbert Report.

I didn't watch it as I refuse to watch Cramer. But the below link had the same view as the OP.

"After a video introduction that mocked the anticipation of the interview, Stewart began hammering Cramer on his poorly timed financial advice. http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/stewart-vs-cramer-winner-take-all--183

OP referred to Colbert, not Stewart.

Esp considering that IMO, Cramer makes an a$$ of himself w/o any extra help, Colbert should have been able to stomp him, and I didn't see that at all. Stewart did a better job, but it's like shooting fish in a barrel. IMO, if you watch Cramer for 10 minutes and don't see that he's just a crazy talking head, I guess you need to get your "news" from the Daily Show.

-ERD50

OP referred to Colbert, not Stewart.

Esp considering that IMO, Cramer makes an a$$ of himself w/o any extra help, Colbert should have been able to stomp him, and I didn't see that at all. Stewart did a better job, but it's like shooting fish in a barrel. IMO, if you watch Cramer for 10 minutes and don't see that he's just a crazy talking head, I guess you need to get your "news" from the Daily Show.

-ERD50

My apologies, you are correct as usual.

I'm actually a fan of both guys, but I watch them both for entertainment value only. Just personally, I think Cramer is fun to watch and he brings up interesting news about new business sectors / industry trends. But I don't look to the guy for investing advice.

Well, I THINK? It forced CRAMER to admit all the Shnaigans going on behind closed doors, hedgeFunds and Manipulationg going on of the markets.. and he Admitted it.. Even he, himself diditwith his hedgeFund.. and expsed afew other things as well

And Colbert Telling him "But, hey This is Serious stuff" to be telling people how to invest their $....Didn't you guys ( CNBC, The Media) really Mislead to even Being Criminal?

Cramer sure didn't stand up for himselfand was very passive and Didn't keep stressing how 'Hey we tell people" to do their Homework, their Own research, consult with and advisor, etc...

As for who has More Credibility? CRAMER, but not by much..

As for who has More Credibility? CRAMER, but not by much..

i'M nOt sUrE wHeRe YoU gotthatfrom, i D'ont sEe cRAMer aS HAving anY CreDiBiLity, WHerEaS ColBert hasSignFiCanT CRedIBIlity As a cOMeDian. :angel:

It's hard not to comment.........here's an UNEDITED, UNCENSORED link to the entire interview in 3 parts (~24 minutes) if anyone want to see the whole thing. I think there's some context missing as far as whatever barbs were pitched back and forth leading up to this.
Stewart vs Cramer: The Complete Ass-Kicking

Back
Top Bottom