Credit Applications

I have never seen anything about assets in a credit report. The bureaus have only the data that is reported to them.

I have read our credit reports many times. There is never anything about income, just current address and prior addresses and credit account history - mortgages, loans, credit cards, and bank accounts. We haven't been employed for a very long time, so I have never seen anything about that either, although I suspect employment history does show up?

They must also have info about your vehicles and vehicle history, because I been asked questions about that for identity verification purposes that were supposedly taken from our credit report.

I've been notified through credit monitoring when I opened en a new bank account because the bank decided to do a hard credit pull as part of opening the account ( here's looking at you PenFed). But I have never seen any report or notification about a brokerage account I opened. I do think most bank account openings such as checking or savings do somehow get reported, even though I only see bank credit accounts (loans, credit cards) listed in the report.

Some other entities such as mobile phone companies do a credit check and that shows up on the report - at least temporarily.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom