Join Early Retirement Today

Credit report errors during pandemic
Old 02-24-2021, 09:53 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Credit report errors during pandemic

For those of you concerned about your credit report, you might want to check it. You know how some banks last year allowed people to skip a payment? Well, turns out some of their computer systems were not programmed to allow that as "non-punishable" and therefore these banks sent delinquent marks to the credit agencies for those who took advantage of this offer.

We are unaffected...our mortgage has been paid off for over a decade. And we don't borrow money unless it's at zero interest.

If you are a newbie to credit reports, your best bet is to go to annualcreditreport.com and plan on spending at least 30 minutes the first time...they ask lots of questions. You can get your credit report free from each bureau once a year (but not the credit score, that costs a small fee). I stagger ours so we get them at various times of the year, just to look for fraud activity.

If you want more info, Google "credit report errors during pandemic". Evidently complaints against the bureaus doubled over the past year. Seems like it's not actually the bureau's fault, but rather maybe the banks' fault.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2021, 01:56 PM   #2

Likewise, I don't have much use for credit scores/reports, but I did perk up when you mentioned loans at 0%. Where do I find those?
twaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twaddle View Post
Likewise, I don't have much use for credit scores/reports, but I did perk up when you mentioned loans at 0%. Where do I find those?
Don't know today, but I've bought 3 new cars over the past 14 years and got 3 year financing at 0.0% twice. Invest in a guaranteed fund earning 1-2%, and when you're buying a $55k vehicle it adds up to several hundred dollars per year.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:01 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by twaddle View Post
It feels like I'm loaning money to the banks at 0% these days