Curse of Years Ending in 7?

It's just random results.

My rate of return for 2007 was 7.2%. Not bad and fairly average for me.

Now, the year ending in "8" was another story!

Nice way to start my Saturday morning, boo. If I remember Id like to see this thread at the end of December see if they were right. I certainly hope not, green arrows on the market ending makes me happy happy.

I thought this was a joke at first. Pretty bizarre but hard to dispute. I finally decided it's a wash when you look at the returns for the first half of the following year (e.g. xxxx8).

Beware of the curse of the number 7 in the stock market - MarketWatch
Sometimes one's first impression is the best. :D

After 8+ years of an incredibly strong bull market, the doom-n-gloomers are desperately looking for a reason to justify an attention-demanding prediction of imminent stock market collapse.

And this was all he/she could come up with? :ROFLMAO:

Year's ending with 7? Really? :2funny: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Random. I've always found the Chinese Year of the Rooster to be good to me. Maybe I'm on a 12-year cycle.

Last edited:
I thought this was a joke at first. Pretty bizarre but hard to dispute.

It is a pretty funny joke. If you try hard enough and you can make a case for pretty much anything producing a "curse".

Even more funny was this advice: "Lyons believes investors should stay vigilant".

Stay vigilant! Now there's some useful wisdom. Let me see if I can find my foil-lined vigilance beanie...

It is a pretty funny joke. If you try hard enough and you can make a case for pretty much anything producing a "curse".

Even more funny was this advice: "Lyons believes investors should stay vigilant".

Stay vigilant! Now there's some useful wisdom. Let me see if I can find my foil-lined vigilance beanie...

I knew I was in for a long visit, when Id enter an apt and they had tin foil on the door. Sometimes they would be running the water nonstop. I knew about the tin foil. When I finally inquired about the water I was informed by a vigilant person they they were flushing out the evil. I never had investment conversations with these nice people. It would have been interesting.

Hey, at least it wasn't about a day ending in a "y"

YMMV

I believe things happen based on unknowable future random events and economic conditions around the World that no one can predict. At some point we will get a bear market and when it does happen there will be people who will come out of hiding and say I told you so! Yet, if today you asked these same people for a guarantee about what will happen they will remain silent. Someone will be right eventually if they are always predicting doom and gloom.

Back
Top Bottom