Dave Ramsey approach

Just a thought.

Are you debt free if you own stock in companies that borrow money to run their business?

[emoji857]

Just a thought.

Are you debt free if you own stock in companies that borrow money to run their business?

[emoji857]
This should be straightforward. If the company you invested in go under or their bank caught their note, you are not liable. So the two are not related.

I don't know much about Dave Ramsey, but if he contends that all debt is bad, then he is wrong. Borrowing to buy a house, to start a business or to obtain a useful education is, within reason, a good use of debt. That said, encouraging people to avoid consumer debt is fine, as is encouraging people to pay off even good and necessary debt. But not at ALL costs.

Ramsey is fine with mortgage debt but recommends 15-year fixed.

Dave Ramsey has become a multi-millionaire because he discovered a large un-tapped market for personal financial advice. The vast majority of folks in the USA are "normal" - i.e., broke. So he appeals to those who are sick and tired of being sick and tired. Obviously not a market he could address on this website. But for many people with zero knowledge of personal finance, and behaviors that lead to financial ruin, he offers a solution that appeals to many of the 'normal'. (I enjoy him. I have not had any debt since 1989, but i have credit cards, individual stocks, no mutual funds.)

but remember no money could save him

But he did have a gold covered mattress. So there's that.

Oh, what a lucky man he was.

Just noticed our OP was a hit and run with this thread - never logged back in since asking and this was their first post.

I wonder sometimes if that's some blogger wanting material from us for an article... I hope we've been entertaining!

Just noticed our OP was a hit and run with this thread - never logged back in since asking and this was their first post.

I wonder sometimes if that's some blogger wanting material from us for an article... I hope we've been entertaining!

Maybe it was Dave Ramsey. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom