Declining COL in retirement?...

Cb said:
I hope the final report breaks out an estimate of CPI for retirees footing the bill for their health coverage.

Cb

If it does, can you let us know? I would be interested in reading.

Spanky said:
Nords,
I have no expectation that my kids will follow the Asian tradition of taking care of the elders (or aging parents). It is one of those things that I must accept as societal value changes. My plan is to ensure that we save enough for the future so that you do not have to rely on the kids or the government financially. I do hope that they will visit us periodically. Spanky
Well, if you're not planning to support their college aspirations, those are good expectations!

th said:
Re: rick ferri.  Not sure who he is.  I had a couple of good interns who produced research work for me.  Surprisingly it always turned out to say exactly what I wanted it to say.
He posts to the cult at Vanguard Diehards (I know, redundant). He's written a few books and he works at a financial-advisory firm that specializes in a low-cost index approach with a clear, easily understood plan. Since he's one of the last few financial authors/professionals who has the liability insurance cojones to offer financial advice on a discussion board, he's pretty popular with the "review my portfolio, please!" crowd.

Publishing this study at VD will invoke a huge food fight as the retirees compare their costs. But of course it won't be anywhere as erudite and refined as this board's debates...

Spanky said:
Thanks for the inspiring story for those still cling on to a life style of extravagance. You have demonstrated that you can have a happy life without the extravagance.

Dont get me wrong. Theres something magical about hiring a limo every saturday night to take you and a few of your friends clubbing, stopping by the sushi bar and ordering everything on the menu, and then taking the limo up to Tahoe for a little late night gambling. Or having your ladyfriend peruse three pairs of $500 shoes at Nordstroms and have her not be able to decide which one she likes best and telling her to get all three.

But if I have to work 60 hours a week for that pleasure, I'll pass...

No SG, I do not want to see your snake. Not under any circumstances. What are you? Ed? How come all these guys on this forum want to show me their dang snakes? Is it that 5:1 male:female ratio thing? Whaaaa?

th said:
. . .No SG, I do not want to see your snake.  . . .
What about if my snake were wearing a pancake? I'll leave out reference to a snake spitting milk. That's over the line even for me. :D :LOL: :-\ :confused:

Back
Top Bottom