Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-02-2020, 06:02 AM   #61
Confused about dryer sheets

We have decide to convert it all to $100 bills and use it as tips/bonus for the staff that serves us at our local restaurants etc.. As soon as we get to go back.
Jotterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2020, 06:47 AM   #62
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

We believe it needs to go into the local community soon, especially smaller businesses. We don't really think of the money as ours. It's a tool we have been given to help our community.

We still haven't gotten ours yet because we rolled over our refund the last 2 years and had to input banking info.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:54 AM   #63
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I won't be getting the stimulus (yet), but if I did, it would get categorized in Quicken as negative "Income Taxes" since it really going to be a tax credit for the year 2020. If I keep my income low enough (as I hope to do for ACA tax credits), I should get my $1200 stimulus credit paid when I file taxes next spring. That is if I'm interpreting what I read correctly and it doesn't change.
PaunchyPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:39 AM   #64
Dryer sheet wannabe

If you don't "need" it, donate some of it to your needy neighbors through a food bank, etc.
themillerman is offline   Reply With Quote
From Traditional to Roth
Old 05-04-2020, 06:31 AM   #65
Dryer sheet wannabe

From Traditional to Roth

We'll be utilizing our 2.4K to pay the tax on transferring some of our Traditional IRA bucks to Roth IRA bucks. Uncle Sam is paying me to save on future taxes and, as a bonus, lower my RMD. Gift horse for us. My kids don't need it.
goingoodsofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:35 AM   #66
Dryer sheet wannabe

Response to Rex "spend it....on anything not made in China!

Here, here....doing the same, although it isn't always easy to find what you want/need.
goingoodsofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:42 AM   #67
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaunchyPirate View Post
I won't be getting the stimulus (yet), but if I did, it would get categorized in Quicken as negative "Income Taxes" since it really going to be a tax credit for the year 2020. If I keep my income low enough (as I hope to do for ACA tax credits), I should get my $1200 stimulus credit paid when I file taxes next spring. That is if I'm interpreting what I read correctly and it doesn't change.
If I were going to get it, that would be an OK way to characterize it, which for me simply increases my available income for spending.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:38 AM   #68
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I hope it doesn't sound too flippant, but I just no longer consider $2500 a "significant" change to (even) my checking account, let alone my NW. We gave our son 4 times that (just before Covid19) to help him move. If $2500 were significant (in the real sense of the word) I probably would still be w*rking, heaven forbid! Obviously, I understand that I (and many here) are very unique in having put our financial houses in order. I actually stand to come out ahead (on a monthly inflow/outgo) basis. First, there's the $2500 in and practically nothing going out for fuel, restaurant meals, toys, junk, travel, stuff, etc. etc. The only thing we've bought in the past 2 months (other than utilities) is groceries. I feel for pay-check-to-pay-check folks. I haven't been one of those folks for 50 years (THANK GOD! - Seriously!) YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 02:19 PM   #69
Full time employment: Posting here.

We split ours. Mine I added to savings acct and spreadsheet for a house project. DH wanted his for hobbies so I journaled it for him to charges hobby expenses against
MrsHaloFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:09 AM   #70
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by themillerman View Post
If you don't "need" it, donate some of it to your needy neighbors through a food bank, etc.
Gave some to college headed GKs and donated the rest. Good feeling!
Duke of Sands is offline   Reply With Quote