Deposit account apy.

tglife

Confused about dryer sheets
I have a deposit account offshore that pays 9% apy. What does some of the current global accounts pay? If you know one that is higher please let me know. I know of some of the ones in Europe that pay 10%-12% apy but I have check them out and I'm not interested for certain reasons. So, please give me your feedback.

What currency, type of account (length of term) do you have.

(I'm sensing a troll at work here - too little info and a teaser rate.)

Last edited:
I'm sensing a troll at work here
whyever would you think that?
in his/her other posts said "Hi I am a 22 year old internet marketer. Internet marketing is my passion and providing people with way to make additional income not only benefits my self, but also others. But, my true passion is offshore investing and options." and "The last few stock tips I have recieved from a private club have been double digit returns in a matter of weeks." he/she is just looking after your interests.

whyever would you think that?
in his/her other posts said "Hi I am a 22 year old internet marketer. Internet marketing is my passion and providing people with way to make additional income not only benefits my self, but also others. But, my true passion is offshore investing and options." and "The last few stock tips I have recieved from a private club have been double digit returns in a matter of weeks." he/she is just looking after your interests.

These would be further clues...
I'll be watching this thread with interest :eek:

DD

I give him one day

Troll alert lol, are you serious. I'm just suggesting you look offshore for a higher interest rate. You know it's not illegal to have a bank outside of your own country. Also offshore banks generally have higher rates.

Ah yes. But are they FDIC insured? How do you know that they won't someday just stop answering the phones?

Are these bank,by any chance, located in Nigeria?

I won't post the details. Thats the purpose of private banking. FDIC insured dosen't mean anything offshore. The banks are self insured, the funds are backed by gold, and some banks hold a 4:1 ratio on the funds. These are just some examples. Also why does anything that sounds good have to deal with Nigeria. Check out Jyske bank. They have a savings account of 7.2% for the Australian dollar. Just do your research basically.

You are right it isn't illegal to have a foreign bank account. It just raises a red flag with the IRS saying Audit ME Audit Me.

You are also right that Australian rates are quite high in the 7% range. You do take significant currency rate, especially when the US dollar is near all time lows and the Aussie dollar is near all time highs.

Negative. No red flags. As long as you do everything legit. The dollar has been falling since it was taken off of the gold standard and will contiue to do so. So, why not profit.

G*LD STANDARD ... here we go again!

Back
Top Bottom