Do companies give severance anymore?

My company is so successful that layoffs seem inconceivable. And I am very well regarded here. So, it's kind of ironic that I'd like to be laid off with a year's salary, but because of these two positive factors it ain't gonna happen.

My company is so successful that layoffs seem inconceivable. And I am very well regarded here. So, it's kind of ironic that I'd like to be laid off with a year's salary, but because of these two positive factors it ain't gonna happen.

I worked for a company like that once too. But it is no longer in business.:LOL:

I believe only CA, IL, MA, MT & NE require employers to pay for vacation time.
Yes that's correct. But many large and small companies here in California do not have vacation time anymore. It's called Flexible Vacation Policy. Employees just need to talk to their manager and with his/her permission can leave for any number of days. Or not leave, if they have a wrong boss or schedule pressure or both. This is designed to reduce severance pay, by the amount of unused vacations days.

Just signed my severance package on Friday. One years pay and a pension after 34 years. I'm feeling pretty fortunate about the whole ordeal as it could have been much worse.

Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks? "inconceivable" = :nonono: :LOL:

It's Jeff.. In Seattle. It's "My Company" and he's "well regarded" = Bezos? Then maybe inconceivable (also jk, Bezos would never retire).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom