Do I take the job?

I would ask about the fringe and retirement benefits that are available in 3-4 years to you? Would you have the ability to get healthcare insurance if you're not 65 years old? Would the difference in a future pension, if applicable, be worth staying?

UPDATE: thank you for all your sage advice. I am staying put! I expressed that I’d like a change in my work program, something outside of our division. I’m lucky that my new boss is well connected and listened. I now have an assignment for the next year in another org. Well, he has an interest too in lifting the profile of our current org by having a few of his guns work elsewhere. It’ll put more $ in my pocket too at year end. Interesting work and minimal travel, not a lot of a weekends/nights from what I can tell. I was very ready to jump with offer in hand. Glad I didn’t. Win, win!

Last edited:
Good on you for staying and getting a change. Unless the environment is toxic, it's better to stay, and work it out, and be somewhere that you know, you are appreciated while even making less $$ than the green grass offer.

UPDATE: thank you for all your sage advice. I am staying put! I expressed that I’d like a change in my work program, something outside of our division. I’m lucky that my new boss is well connected and listened. I now have an assignment for the next year in another org. Well, he has an interest too in lifting the profile of our current org by having a few of his guns work elsewhere. It’ll put more $ in my pocket too at year end. Interesting work and minimal travel, not a lot of a weekends/nights from what I can tell. I was very ready to jump with offer in hand. Glad I didn’t. Win, win!

Very wise, to negotiate with your offer in hand. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom