Do you blog?

walkinwood

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I've recently been reading blogs by early retirees or aspiring ERs and wonder - how many here blog?.

I am intrigued by them and am trying to figure out if I have enough to say to justify one.

Do you blog? If so, please share your blog links. It will be my pleasure to read them.

Thanks Janet. There were 3 entries there. So, another request. Please share your blog and add it to the link that Janet provided so its here for posterity.

I know Danny - haven't seen him on in a while - had/has a blog. I don't.

I started one a while back, but didn't do anything with it. Maybe later.

Blogging

No, I don't. I have heard of "blogging" but have never been quite sure what it was. I Googled it to answer this question, and I definitely do not. I am not a techie. The most I do is read stuff online(WSJ, NYT, London Times), access my investment accounts, book airline tickets, research things that interest me and e-mail. I am not even quite sure what Twitter is except that it sounds stupid. Who care about every little thing you do? Also do not know how to text message or take photos on my phone or post photos or links to other stuff on the computer. I am one of those who is still confused about "quotes" on this forum. I have to quote the whole thing, not take portions of it. We keep a subcontracted IT guy at work full-time to help us with little things. He will never leave or be in jeopardy of losing his job. There! I have come clean!

You mean surfing and posting on the internet all day? Yeah, I guess so!

That doesn't sound like w*rk to me. That pretty much describes what I hope to do in retirement. Some people, i've noticed, seem to be able to do that at w*rk and actually get paid while doing it.
I don't do a blog but I read a couple of them... on my time, not when i'm on the clock.

No blogger here, however I will confess to reading and posting here a lot in the very early AMs while you folks are all asleep. Darn retirees! :LOL:
Once I've waved dh2b off to w*rk :greetings10:, watched the sunrise :D and had my coffee :clap:, instead of going back to bed, I surf. I need something to do while I wait for the the washing machine or dryer, or a fill-in between other miscellaneous mindless house chores.

Seems there's more people writing blogs than reading blogs.
Also seems there's more people writing books than reading books....

No blogger here, however I will confess to reading and posting here a lot in the very early AMs while you folks are all asleep. Darn retirees! :LOL:
Once I've waved dh2b off to w*rk :greetings10:, watched the sunrise :D and had my coffee :clap:, instead of going back to bed, I surf. I need something to do while I wait for the the washing machine or dryer, or a fill-in between other miscellaneous mindless house chores.

Really, I haven't noticed you on here that late/early. I've noticed HaHa seems to be a night owl like me though. I w*rk 5pm-5am so on my days off I keep a similar schedule and therefore am on here often between those hours.

Really, I haven't noticed you on here that late/early. I've noticed HaHa seems to be a night owl like me though. I w*rk 5pm-5am so on my days off I keep a similar schedule and therefore am on here often between those hours.
Early as in 6 AM Eastern time. Early by FIRE standards.
Never late at night. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've enjoyed writing my blogs when traveling or doing something, and I've thought it might be fun to do a blog all the time, but decided that it's too narcissistic.

I think the real key in blogging is to update it regularly. I got an invite to do a blog over at a fairly cheesy site a few years ago, and have kept at it very consistently.

I make a new post every year, whether or not anything has happened. :LOL:

Eons: mpaque's Blog

I had a blog a few years ago, but let it lapse - it can be a lot of work. Now I prefer to read this board, other sites of interest (some are blogs) and pursue my hobbies outside of my working now.

I've found that the successful blogs are those that add content regularly and have an engaging personality behind the blog. Some of the blogs I read are professional and some are hobby-related. All usually have good graphics and good writing. That can be WORK. So I just enjoy that others are willing to share their talents with me :)

Seems there's more people writing blogs than reading blogs.

And that's not necessarily a bad thing! Writing is a skill that benefits from practice and work.

Yes, I have a blog, and no, I am not giving out the link. As far as I know, the only people who have ever seen it are Frank and my daughter, and both have probably forgotten about it.

The purpose of my blog is to work on my writing skills and thought processes, and to express my most intense, unedited opinions in ways that are not meant for the general public. It is for myself, only. I only post in it in spurts, when I feel like it.

I don't see why anybody who is interested in blogs doesn't start his or her own. If you look, you can find blogging sites online that are free or very nearly so. Then if you start a blog and decide you don't like it, so what. It will just be yet another abandoned blog.

No, I read some blogs though. I think I would enjoy it but as I'm w*rking I don't think I could commit the time to do a good one. As others have mentioned, you would have to update it regularly...so maybe post-retirement it would be something I would do. Of course, by then blogging would probably be obsolete...

I also use my blog for satisfying my need for writing. We call it our "travelogue" and that is pretty much what it is - travel journalism. We also only give out the link to family and close friends. Since we both do a lot of photography and I enjoy researching the areas we visit so it dovetails with that type of writing very well.

But I'm over two years behind!!!! I've got loads of material that I haven't posted yet.

And besides I'm busy working on my book - a nice big coffee-table type book! The photos for the book are already a year old.

Whatever......

Audrey

No, I don't. I have heard of "blogging" but have never been quite sure what it was. I Googled it to answer this question, and I definitely do not. I am not a techie. The most I do is read stuff online(WSJ, NYT, London Times), access my investment accounts, book airline tickets, research things that interest me and e-mail. I am not even quite sure what Twitter is except that it sounds stupid. Who care about every little thing you do? Also do not know how to text message or take photos on my phone or post photos or links to other stuff on the computer. I am one of those who is still confused about "quotes" on this forum. I have to quote the whole thing, not take portions of it. We keep a subcontracted IT guy at work full-time to help us with little things. He will never leave or be in jeopardy of losing his job. There! I have come clean!
May I join you in that sad list :D of IT challenged?

I've got 2 blogs. One is a small martial arts blog, the other is a personal blog. I don't update either as frequently as I probably should.

Back
Top Bottom