Do you use "It's Deductible" online version?

spncity

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I tried using this a few years ago. I put in some gift-in-kind stuff - thought I had been fairly conservative.

When it transferred over to TurboTax, the amount was "discounted".

So, what's up with that? Why use it or enter any amouts if it's going to change on you?

Haven't looked at it in a long time.

Comment if you wish.

Kindest regards.

I've used this product but not had this issue. The items are entered, a thrift store value is assigned, and that same value is transferred to the tax return for a charitable deduction.

I've used it for years with no problems. The only thing I thought a bit strange is that the values assigned to items I donated were somewhat higher than I would have put down myself. I just chalk it up to the fact that living in a low cost of living area, our thrift store prices are probably lower than the nationwide average (which is what ItsDeductible most likely uses).

I have used it for the last 4 years with no issues. who knows what some of this stuff is really worth. I'm happy just to get a number.

I have used it for the last 4 years with no issues. who knows what some of this stuff is really worth. I'm happy just to get a number.
+1
I have used it for the past few years without an issue. I like having one spot to get valuations for most items I donate.

Yep. For the past 3-4 years. It's very easy to use and easy to import into Turbotax. I find the value assigned to used clothing right in line. Usually around 10-15% of what it was new as long as its still well taken care for and in good condition.

Last edited:

Right. Just saves a lot of time at tax time to just hit a button and not have to scavenge through my files. Actual value? Meh. Ease? Priceless.

Just finished entering all my donated stuff for the year.

That's what these cold, boring days are for :)

I've used this product but not had this issue. The items are entered, a thrift store value is assigned, and that same value is transferred to the tax return for a charitable deduction.

+1. I have used it for a few years, so far it has been convenient.

Thanks for the replies. I tried it again and it was very useful.

Kindest regards.

Back
Top Bottom