Join Early Retirement Today

Does anyone use Fidelity's Full View?
Old 05-29-2023, 05:16 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Does anyone use Fidelity's Full View?

I just have 2 questions about Spending tab: are you seeing your credit cards accounts under the Spending tab? And do you have issues with adding Amex?
tenant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2023, 05:17 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Hahahahahaha.

It’s a mess. I left it long ago.
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 05:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
Hahahahahaha.

Well, it's not perfect - nothing is - but I don't use Personal Capital anymore (or Empower as it's known now) so I'm trying to get this to work. It mostly does.
Old 05-29-2023, 05:27 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenant13 View Post
Well, it's not perfect - nothing is - but I don't use Personal Capital anymore (or Empower as it's known now) so I'm trying to get this to work. It mostly does.
It wouldn’t recognize accounts. It categorized my entire taxable account - invested in a variety of things - as cash.

Its lack of usefulness motivated me to create my own financial dashboard spreadsheet that I now use daily. It’s more accurate, robust and reliable than Fullview.

There was a whole thread on the Fidelity forum about the issues related to it. I am surprised Fidelity continues to support it.
Old 05-29-2023, 07:24 PM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I found FV works most of the time but it seems to have trouble with CC accounts from time to time. I had to figure out how to get my Visa loaded again. It took about 2 months and a lot of trial and error for ME to fix it. I recovered all of my data and mostly works well again except…

My DW and I each have have AMX cards. They both show the same total on the summary of expenses. But individual transactions are traced properly on the ‘statement’ page. Given my previous aggravation, I am just letting that go.
savory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 07:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Hahahahahaha.

Been using it for a few years now, it's fine. But I don't bother with CCs or anything else, just investments and cash accounts. Everything can be categorized as you wish but almost all of the default assignments worked pretty well for me.

Only regular issue I see is that my 401k (hosted by Fido) is often not updated every day, it lags a day behind sometimes. Tried repeatedly to get them to fix it but no luck, and it makes no sense since it's all at Fido not some other broker.
GTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 05:00 AM   #7

I use it but only as a place where I get all of the data I need to monitor my portfolio. The only thing I don't use there is data from TreasuryDirect as I have another way to keep track of it that's easier. Consolidation of accounts into Fidelity has been going on for a few years now and by about this time next year, after my final True-Up with my existing 401K at my current employer and I roll it all over to my IRA, everything will be at Fidelity. So won't need Full View after that. Can't imagine keeping track of things like credit cards and such there.

Cheers.
big-papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 05:48 AM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

I have been using it for years.

I have 5 debit cards all syncing with no issues. As I have customized category rules (easy to do) - it works pretty well, maybe 95%+ right. There’s always a new store/purchase that I may want categorized differently for some reason.

It’s very convenient to get daily updates, and I get my NW usually within a few minutes of market closing. Occasionally, a mutual fund, non-fidelity may not be updated for a couple hours after market close.

I export all data (easy to do), monthly into a spreadsheet for additional tracking that I like (using excel pivot tables)
Old 05-30-2023, 05:53 AM   #9

Quote:
The only thing I don't use there is data from TreasuryDirect as I have another way to keep track of it that's easier.
Can you track TD holdings with Fullview? I don't use it currently buy I can see trying it if I could incorporate TD.
misanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 06:11 AM   #10

I use it and it works well for all my investment and overall NW tracking. Have for years. I don't pay attention to the spending tracker, so I would not know how accurate that is.
Aerides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 08:07 AM   #11

I see my Fidelity and Chase CC spending there, along with other debits (transfers, etc.), but I normally just use it to track total NW and investable assets. I have entered spending in the retirement planner to get a handle on necessary spending by category (utilities, property tax, vet bills and boarding, etc.), and CC analysis to analyze consumer spending by category (restaurants, groceries, etc.).
Old 05-30-2023, 10:22 AM   #12

I use Personal Capital for asset tracking.

And Mint for expense tracking.

Maybe just use Full View for asset tracking?
ncbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 10:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbill View Post
I use Personal Capital for asset tracking.

And Mint for expense tracking.

Maybe just use Full View for asset tracking?
The reason I want to use expense tracking is that Full View can use the data for budgeting.
Old 05-30-2023, 12:49 PM   #14

I've used Full View for a few years now, but like others only use it for assets - 99% of which are at Fidelity. I have detailed Quicken reports for expenses, but might play with Full View at some point.
PatrickA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:00 PM   #15
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
There was a whole thread on the Fidelity forum about the issues related to it. I am surprised Fidelity continues to support it.
Where is this Fidelity Forum? The only forum I know of is the "Greenline Forum" which over the years, has only been for Fidelity marketeers solicting confirmation of how wonderful they are.
LarryMelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:36 PM   #16
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMelman View Post
Where is this Fidelity Forum? The only forum I know of is the "Greenline Forum" which over the years, has only been for Fidelity marketeers solicting confirmation of how wonderful they are.
That’s not it. There is a Fidelity investment forum similar to this forum. I think they have 100k plus users. Good group. You have to qualify to join. Check your summary page for a link to apply. See graphics attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0411.jpg (304.4 KB, 37 views)
Old 06-02-2023, 09:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenant13 View Post
I just have 2 questions about Spending tab: are you seeing your credit cards accounts under the Spending tab? And do you have issues with adding Amex?
I can't edit my original post but both issues resolved themselves a day or two later. I have to manually relabel some transactions but most are fine. If spending is indeed tracked properly within Full View then I'll be happy - it's an extension to FireCalc.
Old 06-03-2023, 08:51 PM   #18

Quote:
That’s not it. There is a Fidelity investment forum similar to this forum. I think they have 100k plus users. Good group. You have to qualify to join. Check your summary page for a link to apply. See graphics attached.
I looked, but guess I don't qualify. Sounds like you have to be a active trader to get an invitation. I couldn't find a Boring Mutual Fund forum.
PatrickA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 08:54 PM   #19
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickA5 View Post
I looked, but guess I don't qualify. Sounds like you have to be a active trader to get an invitation. I couldn't find a Boring Mutual Fund forum.
I own four funds, an ETF and a boatload of bonds. Not really an active trader and they let me in.
Old 06-07-2023, 07:52 PM   #20
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Interesting. There's no mention of that on my home page, and searching for "fidelity investor community" finds nothing.

When they thumbed their nose at me a few years ago over TurboTax, telling me that my 30+ year relationship with them "was insufficient", I moved half of my accounts out to Schwab for a nice bonus. Time to check with my Schwab rep again.
LarryMelman is offline   Reply With Quote