Don't Worry, Retire Happy with Tom Hegna

nun

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just watched some of this guy's informercial during my local PBS station's fund drive.....amazing the stuff they'll air for money, I turned it off when the pseudo-science of Deepak Chopra came on next.

Anyway back to Hegna. He's an annuity salesman. Some of his advice was sensible, I have no problem in using an SPIA for some retirement income, but annuities are the whole solution for him. Has anyone else seen him and what do you think?

caught a bit of him once. He reminded me of....what do they call them?......Snake oil salesman?

caught a bit of him once. He reminded me of....what do they call them?......Snake oil salesman?

Yeah, a there was a "used car salesman" vibe to the whole thing. "What do I have to do to put you in this annuity today?"

I find these guys and the audience funny for some reason. The same is true for Ed Slott.

I find these guys and the audience funny for some reason. The same is true for Ed Slott.

Yes, the vacant smiles and nods, it could be a cult.

I turned it off when the pseudo-science of Deepak Chopra came on next.

Anyway back to Hegna. He's an annuity salesman.

Once I started sleeping under a pyramid built over my bed, it all became clear to me. I am now one with indexed, hybrid, variable annuities with enhanced draw down features backed by limited upside potential.

Once I started sleeping under a pyramid built over my bed

Try placing an organic, free-range quantum healing crystal at the apex of your pyramid and you'll notice a huge improvement in, well, everything!

I find this interesting. His IRA resources that I've used in the past, generally checked out well when verified with other sources (standard practice for me). I'm guessing that I'm missing some aspect of his business?

I find this interesting. His IRA resources that I've used in the past, generally checked out well when verified with other sources (standard practice for me). I'm guessing that I'm missing some aspect of his business?

I do not say he is bad but I just find these shows funny.

Last edited:

I've never seen an Ed Slott show, and agree that he has been an excellent retirement resource.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom