Double fooey on downsizing. fooey! fooey and fooey again!!

Nords said:
Can I introduce you to my father-in-law? He still occasionally kicks himself, 23 years later, for selling too soon.

He bought a Levitt home in 1964 for $17,500 and sold in 1983 for $122,500. Bowie, MD is probably going for close to $300K today.
I remember a friend buying a Houston condo then for $20K. We thought he was an idiot. Today he knows that we're idiots...

Ol' Rancher,

We sold our Bowie home in 2004. Bought it in 1979 for $78.5K. Sold it for $325K. It was your typical Levitt 4 bedroom colonial. We hadn't put much $ into it except for new roof, windows and HVAC.

Grumpy

wab said:
I prefer dreaming about dream houses to actually owning them.

I learned that lesson about dreams vs reality from Dudley Moore in 1979. I would like to have retested the scenario myself once or twice though.

wab said:
I'll probably kick myself in a few years, but I think I prefer dreaming about dream houses to actually owning them.
Cute 'n' Fuzzy Bunny said:
I learned that lesson about dreams vs reality from Dudley Moore in 1979.  I would like to have retested the scenario myself once or twice though.
Is this thread still about real estate, or did we just change the topic to sex?

Nords said:
Is this thread still about real estate, or did we just change the topic to sex?
Everything's about sex -- especially on this board. :D :D :D

If you own a lot of real estate, you have more sex! I think. Please dont ask me for a link.

Maybe we can run a poll?

If you own a lot of real estate, you have more sex! I think. Please dont ask me for a link.

Maybe we can run a poll?

Don't bother with a poll, it's not true. :-\

Back
Top Bottom