Dow 26k by Jan. 31

Apple has almost $300 billion in cash. Buffet has lots of cash. Waiting

I've always heard that the last few days of the month and the first few days of the month are almost always positive
Well, they are not. I've seen plenty of negative last days and first days of the month. Often one of the two is positive.

I've noticed a pattern that if there's a bit of a selloff on the last day the first rebounds a bit and is positive. The same if there is a strong rally the last day sometimes there is profit taking on the first.

Well, they are not. I've seen plenty of negative last days and first days of the month. Often one of the two is positive.

I've noticed a pattern that if there's a bit of a selloff on the last day the first rebounds a bit and is positive. The same if there is a strong rally the last day sometimes there is profit taking on the first.

I didn't say they were. But people who actually watch this stuff keep referring to it. If this and if that... It always is unless it's not

Here we go! Put on your crash helmets, looks like the market is dropping at the speed of light.

(gulp!) Buying opportunity? :hide:

Dow at 25K only takes us back to beginning of year. That's not too bad.

How 'bout 24K? That takes us back to, oh, Dec 1, 2017. And that's 10% correction from the recent top at 26,600. Now, that's more fun!

Hitting headlines refresh every now and then - "Dow down 300+ points", "Dow down 400+ points", "Dow down 500+ points"........

Still only 2% so far...... meh.

I confess. It is my fault. I added a few dollars to some of my dividend producing stock mutual funds earlier this week. Every time I add money to my stock funds, the market drops. My bad.

OTOH I sold some stocks 2 months ago, so you can thank me for THAT run-up. It wasn't a lot of stocks, so of course it just didn't have legs. :LOL:

Hitting headlines refresh every now and then - "Dow down 300+ points", "Dow down 400+ points", "Dow down 500+ points"........

Still only 2% so far...... meh.

Yes only 2% that really is nothing. When we start getting in that 40% range then I will start feeling really bad. LOL

Hmmm. Stocks down = bad for my 410k, but good that I over-weighted bonds a little bit, after the run-up.

Interest rates up = neutral for me (no loans) but if it's because of inflation, that's bad for my fixed pension.

Oil prices down = good for me, and good for the economy. No sympathy for Exxon/Mobile stockholders here.

Overall, Dow watching is a good spectator sport, with the suspense of waiting to see what next week brings. No change to my own long-term plans yet.

I know right. 2%? That's it? yawn. It's not even worthy of virtual ink. Let's see if they take it down so some of these with cash can buy in at a discount. It's buy time when Buffet starts making the rounds.

I like seeing the 10 year interest rate heading back to 3-4% territory. I'm hoping for a steady moderate rebalancing between equities and bonds. If orderly, this will be net positive overall. No panic is everything!

I like seeing the 10 year interest rate heading back to 3-4% territory. I'm hoping for a steady moderate rebalancing between equities and bonds. If orderly, this will be net positive overall. No panic is everything!

Well if there is panic, the opportunity for rebalancing improves.

Back
Top Bottom