Dow 26k by Jan. 31

Dow 25k. Dow 26k. Dow 30k. Oil $100. Nothing better to do Free bird. A little on the trolly side.

Trolly? Had to look that up. Trolling is when your offensive or trying to make someone mad. I dont think I'm offensive or anyone is mad. And what do you care what I do with my time boss?

Are we going to have a new thread each time the dow hits a new high?

These threads should be locked in 3...2....1

Are we going to have a new thread each time the dow hits a new high?

:LOL:

I think Frank is probably getting a little tired of my gleeful announcements that "my portfolio hit a new all time high today!", since they have been repeated several times a week lately.

:dance:

:LOL:

I think Frank is probably getting a little tired of my gleeful announcements that "my portfolio hit a new all time high today!", since they have been repeated several times a week lately.

:dance:

All this glee, now I'm really glad that I already rebalanced for the year :(.

1000 Dow points is only about 4% now. I can recall when it was 100% or more.

Trolly? Had to look that up. Trolling is when your offensive or trying to make someone mad. I dont think I'm offensive or anyone is mad. And what do you care what I do with my time boss?

You still post like a troll

Honestly.....does it really matter if the DOW, S&P 500, Russell 2000 increases/decrease 10, 20,, 30 %? I don't think so. With an appropriate AA; it is an opportunity to re-balance. Buy stocks on the cheap. Buy bonds on the cheap. It is all good.:cool:

Honestly.....does it really matter if the DOW, S&P 500, Russell 2000 increases/decrease 10, 20,, 30 %? I don't think so. With an appropriate AA; it is an opportunity to re-balance. Buy stocks on the cheap. Buy bonds on the cheap. It is all good.:cool:

For me, it only matters if the future is worse than the past and if my WR turns out not to be safe and I have to get a job to support myself and if I can't find one. At the moment, it seems like pretty slim odds that will happen. But things can change.

I hate to be a wet blanket but I personally just don't think the stock rally will last much longer. The tax cuts are already factored in. I hope I am wrong but I just don't see a reason for the market to continue up. We are overdue for a correction/recession. I am rebalancing frequently.

I hate to be a wet blanket but I personally just don't think the stock rally will last much longer. The tax cuts are already factored in. I hope I am wrong but I just don't see a reason for the market to continue up. We are overdue for a correction/recession. I am rebalancing frequently.

Oh come on, this time it's different :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 402
Gotta simply enjoy the ride when it's good. Nothin wrong with that. Fear drives stress, forget that. Life's too short let's enjoy this blissful moment like it's the greatest bull run of all time...which I believe it shall be.

Most of us have been investors in at least 3 terrible market downturns. Maybe some remember 1974 so they count 4. We know that there will be terrible gut-wrenching days ahead as the market corrects, rebalances, whatever. We all know to have that proper AA.

In light of the above, if FreeBird wants to do a dance every day when his portfolio goes up more than he made during his w***ing days, I say "Let me join in his dance." "Let me not rain on his parade."

New recession ... unsustainable bubble ... bigger collapse coming ... credit supernova ... shocker ... kaboom ahead - ominous third phase ... tick, tick -- boom! ... apocalypse -- get out now! ... prepare for the perfect storm ... America’s growth and prosperity ‘gone forever’

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/doomsday-poll-87-risk-of-stock-crash-by-year-end-2013-06-05

Five years later, uhh...... :confused:

Last edited:
New recession ... unsustainable bubble ... bigger collapse coming ... credit supernova ... shocker ... kaboom ahead - ominous third phase ... tick, tick -- boom! ... apocalypse -- get out now! ... prepare for the perfect storm ... America’s growth and prosperity ‘gone forever’

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/doomsday-poll-87-risk-of-stock-crash-by-year-end-2013-06-05

Five years later, uhh...... :confused:

One of the seemingly endless gloom & doom articles by Paul B. Farrell, who seems to have disappeared from MarketWatch. Haven't seen him spread a fresh coat of black paint for years.

Back
Top Bottom